Thoughts on Shovelglove and Diastasis Recti...?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Thinnerthrowaway

Thoughts on Shovelglove and Diastasis Recti...?

Post by Thinnerthrowaway » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Hello everybody,

Possible TMI warning! I am an over-sharer!

Ages ago I Shovelgloved and loved it; and then I brought forth loinfruit, and everything changed. One of the more specific changes is that my abdominal connective tissue stretched beyond reason or sanity, and I have only recently managed to correct it to "mostly normal" via careful exercise. I can still carefully reach in between my rectus abdominus and prod my intestines, which is horrifying and also fun if I have gas, but that's why "normal" is qualified.

Anyway, Shovelglove would be directly contraindicated because of the twisting and jackknifing motions in some of the routines, IF my separation were still a problem.

Does anybody know whether Shovelglove is likely to cause a recurrence, or make the muscles prone to pulling apart again? I've asked two trainers and a physician, and the answers have ranged from "Maybe?" to "Try it and see."

It'd be nice to see if anybody else has tested the temperature of this water before I jump back in. :)

Fradygor

Post by Fradygor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:57 am

I am worried now, I know a lot of information on this website.