Anyone else shovelglove in the "Nude"??

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
srbliss

Anyone else shovelglove in the "Nude"??

Post by srbliss » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:49 pm

No - not me the hammer :D
The first time I tried shovelglove my cat just went nuts and attached himself to the old sweatshirt I was using as a "glove". So I just removed it and carried on - the cat lost interest.
I find that I REALLY pay attention to form and sweaty hands when I can see that naked hammer head just waiting to get me :twisted:

Big Phil

"Nude" shovelglove

Post by Big Phil » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:49 am

Yeah, I do mate. It is more "raw", the only problem I have had is I hit myself on the knee-cap once when shovelling :oops: . No harm done though. I have the luxury of being away from people and animals and fragile goods, so I haven't had the need to glove-up.

Phil.

zachawry

Post by zachawry » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:43 am

Doesn't everyone shovelglove in their boxers?
====================
Zachary Braverman
Kyoto, Japan
www.kotodama.net

JWL

Post by JWL » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:54 am

Yes, none of my hammers have anything soft wrapped around them. Not a big deal for me. Though the 4# framing hammer my daughter uses has a big thing of foam and duct tape around the edge.

As far as nude shugging.... been known to once or twice. Shugging in underwear is actually a fairly common occurence for me.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

John Crippen

Yep

Post by John Crippen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:17 am

I just started last week (crimoney my arms are sore!). I'm shovelgloving in the garage, with very little property damage potential, so my 10-pounder is "naked."

-John

srbliss

Post by srbliss » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:48 am

JWL wrote: Shugging in underwear is actually a fairly common occurence for me.
I thought it was an unwritten rule that you had to be in some type of sleepware (birthday suit counts) - PJ's at the absolute max :D

VanillaGorilla

Post by VanillaGorilla » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:28 am

I don't wrap anything around the hammer, either. I was using a sledge in my workouts before I actually discovered the Shovelglove site (Just swinging it like a baseball bat and hitting the odd object outdoors, mostly...Still do those even now), so just out of habit, I left it uncovered. I find I focus more on form and also if I want to go outside and just plain beat on something, I can just stroll out and have at it.
Fall down seven times, get up eight.

david

Post by david » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:48 pm

Three hammers--no covers in sight.

I am thinking about painting my hammer heads, though. I got the idea from some folks who paint their kettlebells.

Has anyone tried this?

--david

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:48 pm

I have done it. When I visit my brother his is naked. But I do prefer the glove. It's sort of like an army helmet: it's not going to protect you much from a direct hit, but it does help with little dings.

Reinhard