Juarez Valley w/ ShovelGlove

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
jcjones2424

Juarez Valley w/ ShovelGlove

Post by jcjones2424 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:41 pm

Hi All,

Im new to the group and would like to wish everyone well in their fitness health. I live in a second floor apartment so finding ways to get good workouts can be a challenge that forces creativity. Id like to introduce the Juarez Valley method, if you are not familiar with its a great finisher along with being a great stand alone workout. For example with burpees you would start on one end of the room perform one burpee walk over to the other side of the room and complete 10 burpees. Then walk back over to the side you began on and do two burpees. If you are catching on you should be doing this 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 on one side then 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 on the other side after completing the circuit should have 110 burpees completed. How does this apply to the shovel glove?!?! Well, what I did today was the "Chop the wood" movement however I started by doing 1 on the left side then 20 on the right side, I would keep going until I got up to 20 reps on the left and 1 rep on the right. If you complete this you will have 210 reps on the left and 210 reps on the right for a grand total of 420 reps!!!!!! If you select three movements say the "GRAVE DIGGER, FIREMAN, AND CHOP THE WOOD" you would score 1260 reps for a killer workout. Now it should be noted I've only stopped to rest long enough to check my heart rate which if done correctly, you will hit 120-165bpm. Give this one a shot if short on time!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Re: Juarez Valley w/ ShovelGlove

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Hey, I like that. Makes it a much more full body workout, with the squatting element.

Sorry for the delayed response! Evil facebook has been luring my limited attention away from these boards.

(In case you're open to being similarly lured, the shovelglove group is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/shovelglove)