morning vs. evening?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
thtrchic

morning vs. evening?

Post by thtrchic » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:13 am

I'm wondering about the importance of shovelgloving in the morning versus at night? I have such a problem getting exercise done in the morning. Think I'm just being resistant and it's important so I should just do it? Or is there really no reason not to SG at night if that works better? What if morning is good some days and night other days?

Thanks for your opinions.

Julie

Big Phil

Post by Big Phil » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:38 am

I am not a morning person either, so I did it in the evening for about a year. I then swithched to the morning and find it is great, wakes me up and you can cross it off your list early. Evenings are then more relaxing. Less chance you will miss in the morning as well due to mum's birthday or errands to run in the evening, so it makes you more consistent. Also, if I have got up a bit too late or am too busy and miss a morning, I know I can make it up in the evening. I have then fronted up the next morning to get back in routine without any trouble i.e. I'm not too tired from the night before. Hope that helps,

Phil.

Kevin

Morning

Post by Kevin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:51 pm

I'd love to do it in the morning, but as it is, I get up at 5:00 to get my daughter to school. Another 15 minutes is just too much to bear. I do it when I get home from work, before dinner.
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:47 pm

I think morning is preferable if possible. But if it's not possible, then it's not possible.

Arguments for morning:

1. It's more likely to happen. Putting shovelglove first also prioritizes it. You take it more seriously. And if something stops you from doing it in the morning you have a whole day to squeeze it in).

2. Shovelglove fires you up for the day. I sometimes feel down and overwhelmed pre-shovelglove, never after. I come into work ready to DESTROY.

The most important thing, by far, is to consistently do it, morning or evening. If you can pull that off, then the morning advantage is hardly worth mentioning.

Reinhard