Shoveling snow

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
JWL

Shoveling snow

Post by JWL » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:43 am

I'm presently experiencing my first Maine Wintah(tm) as a homeowner. This of course means shoveling snow.

Let me just say that there is no better training for shoveling snow than shovelglove.

'Nuff said.
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:13 pm

Amen to that. Every year "global weirding" dumps more snow on us, and every year it feels like less. I almost look forward to big storms as unambiguous and direct confirmation of the real world utility of shovelglove.

Reinhard

JWL

Post by JWL » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:51 pm

And it just gets better. We have about 18" of snow at the moment along with zero-degree temperatures and high winds (wind chill is tens of degrees below zero).

Last night, our heat went out, as did our gas stove. Turns out the gas regulator froze (it had about an inch of ice caked around it, solid, like a gas regulator ice cube). I had to dig paths through the snow all around the house to get to all the access points for the gas line, before I discovered the frozen regulator.

Luckily, shoveling was the easiest part of this work.... thanks to shovelglove. And now I've learned something about gas line maintenance. :-)
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net