Just crazy enough to work

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
mbarlowm

Just crazy enough to work

Post by mbarlowm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:54 pm

I started shovelglove this week, the day after I first heard about it. I've been very aware of my need to be healthier for a few years. I am a web programmer, and I work on a health and wellness application, so I'm very familiar with the recommended way to stay in shape, in a nutshell: nutrition and exercise.

At the age of 21, I was in the best shape of my life, having spent the previous few years in a job where I basically walked from door to door all day. I was 185 pounds. I'm not sure how quickly I gained weight after that but I know that 5 years later I was about 225 pounds. At that time, I had a full health analysis. I was told I was overweight (obviously), and had borderline high BP, and cholesterol. Now, 4 years after that, I'm 250 pounds. I've had success with losing some weight as long as I have been consistent with exercise, but it always stops, and I always gain it back.

I'm excited after hearing the theories and principles of why No S and Shovelglove are easy to work into a habit. Thanks for these awesome systems, and I'll keep you posted as I see results!

mbarlowm

Post by mbarlowm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:48 pm

hehe, I just listened to the podcasts about results. So what I mena to say was... I'll keep you posted as I find success establishing unconscious behaviors into habits!

JWL

Post by JWL » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:21 am

welcome, mbarlowe..... good luck!

You can easily lose the 55 lbs. Develop good habits and the rest will take care of itself. It's only a matter of time.....
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net

mbarlowm

Post by mbarlowm » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:12 am

Yes, I think my build has filled out since I was 21, so don't think I could physically get back to 185.

Mark

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Welcome!
hehe, I just listened to the podcasts about results. So what I mena to say was... I'll keep you posted as I find success establishing unconscious behaviors into habits!
Don't worry, you'll see results all right. But the habits are what you should focus on.

Looking forward to hearing good news on both fronts,

Reinhard