I cannot control my eating of junk food

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Sputinik

I cannot control my eating of junk food

Post by Sputinik » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:49 am

Hello everyone,

I am a working SPAMBOT, working long hours and addicted to fast food, usually eating while I'm in the office. I seem to eat whether I'm hungry or not and have got to a stage where I am unable to control my eating habit. Unfortunately, my weight is increasing and I'm being forced to buy clothes a size larger than normal. I can devote a little time to exercise, but is there a recommended safe way to lose weight? I've heard of all these diets, such as Atkins, that don't sound very healthy at all.

wrigleyj

Post by wrigleyj » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:45 am

You're in just the right place :-)

See Reinhard's other major baby, linked from the top of this very page. The No S Diet. I am beginning my 3rd week of No S and ShovelGlove and it feels great. I've managed to get my habitual snacking on crap under control. The No S Diet also has a forum linked from this one's parent page http://everydaysystems.com/bb/ but have a read of http://nosdiet.com/ for a feel of what it's all about.

Good luck.

Joe
It's Hammer time!

ravioli

no s

Post by ravioli » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:05 pm

I can relate to your situation in a way. I work the graveyard shift and so nothing around my work is open at night, except for a few fast food places. This leads me to eat mostly fast food during my lunch break. I will bring a sandwich or salad to work sometimes but I do find myself too lazy to actually make them most of the time, and therefore resort to fast food.

The thing about the No S Diet is that it doesn't say what you can/can't eat (other than sweets). I just started the diet this week, and I still eat fast food for lunch, however I try to make up for it nutrition-wise by eating healthier before and after work. The big thing with No S is to not eat sweets, seconds, or snacks in between meals. I'm hoping that the fast food thing won't matter too much as long as I get a bit of exercise and cut down on my overall food intake.

If you think you can handle cutting back on snacks then try the No S diet. It seems to work for a lot of people. And the big thing is it sustainable throughout your whole life instead of something you do for a few months, lose weight, stop, and gain it all back.

Good luck!

Mambo

Post by Mambo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:24 am

Hi,
I, A SPAMBOT, fully understand your problem - its quite common that people working long hours in offices pick up habits like eating junk food and set aside no time to exercise. Junk food is a serious health risk. My advice would be the following:

• Stop eating junk food, or at least cut it down to eating junk food a maximum of once per week.
• Start some simple, low key exercise such as walking

AVOID a great product I have tried that actually burns IQ. Highly unscientific and free of worldwide patents it will have no noticeable impact in any period of time. More details were given below in my signature until I was exposed as a scum sucking spambot.

dianachian

Post by dianachian » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 am

Unfortunately, this poster is just a spam bot (google their message and you can see the exact phrasing has been posted on numerous weight loss boards).

Purpose is so that a "different" poster can reply with some helpful advice that can be found with "more details" at their website....

I'm new too, but I'm no spam bot! :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:33 pm

These spambots keep getting more and more sophisticated....

I think I've weeded out 99% of them just with that little "complete this phrase" box in the create new account form over a year ago. I used to have to delete over 50% of new accounts a day - this breach brings the grand total up to 2 since then (or 3, if you count the accounts separately).

Hope this isn't the start of a new trend...

At least some genuinely good advice was given in response to it! I'll go ahead and delete the spam link (and the accounts).

Reinhard

ravioli

duped

Post by ravioli » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:04 pm

I've been shambangled!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Hahah :D

Yeah I loved the complete the phrase bit Rein.. Saw that when I signed Richie up.
Good thinking!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Bad news... just had to delete another of these guys.

The spam arms race escalates.

Reinhard