animal stick--inspired by shug?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
jimmyd

animal stick--inspired by shug?

Post by jimmyd » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:56 pm

exuberant animal--a great pro-exercise group-- has come out with the "animal stick." shug inspired? you decide. :-)

http://blog.exuberantanimal.com/?p=169

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Hey, the more the merrier.

I'm not exactly the first guy who ever thought of swinging a stick with a weight on the end around for exercise.

But buying a sledgehammer does seem a tad safer and more convenient than drilling a hole through a rock and praying it doesn't come flying off your "animal stick" every time you give it a shake...

Thanks for the link!

Hope there wind up being some links back from the other direction...

Reinhard

DC++

Post by DC++ » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:01 am

Some of the movements in that video look quite interesting. I might give them a go.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:53 am

I agree DC++. Seems like it might be kinda what Reinhard describes as his 'freestyle' stuff.

I like some of the large fluid movements.
--- Stephen ---
My No S Diet Progress
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

DC++

Post by DC++ » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:51 am

sgstarling wrote:I agree DC++. Seems like it might be kinda what Reinhard describes as his 'freestyle' stuff.

I like some of the large fluid movements.
They are the ones I liked as well. Of course the "Animal Stick" looks a lot lighter than a sledgehammer so it might be a little harder ...