Sledgehammer-Workout

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
liesli

Sledgehammer-Workout

Post by liesli » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Hello,

today on marksdailyapple.com:

Sledgehammer-Workout

I haven't had the time to read it yet, but I thought it might interest you.
The article mentions shovelglove, of course.

liesli

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks for the link!

Shovelglove's kinda just tucked in there at the end, but I'll take what I can get. :-)

Actually whacking something (a tire) sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure it's a realistic, regular option for most people -- it's certainly not for me.

Reinhard

holymadness83

Post by holymadness83 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm a regular tire-beater. I find it to be a very different workout. It's more heart and lungs, less arms and shoulders than Shovelglove has been for me so far (~3 weeks on the program now!)

I haven't hit my tire since I started Shovelglove, but I'll be mixing it up soon.

jimmyd

Mark's Daily Apple Reference

Post by jimmyd » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi Reinhard:
MDA is a popular site (not sure if you have seen it before), which has been recently expanded to support Mark's recently released book. I was just curious if the s-glove link at his site (though subtle) drove an increase in traffic to your site.