Washington Redskins shovelgloving

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
chico

Washington Redskins shovelgloving

Post by chico » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Slimming down

The Washington Redskins discovered the quickest way to drop pounds isn't through just strict dieting and weight training.

Their offensive line lost a combined 43 pounds by following a training program that included the players swinging sledgehammers, flipping giant tires and pushing the trainer's sport-utility vehicle.

"It was like you're working out in a sauna," Redskins' left guard Derrick Dockery told the Washington Post. "It's probably the best situation you could put yourself in."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ran ... 5311.story
Shovelglove make you strong like bull!

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:40 pm

That link is no good. I just got an article about Jessica Simpson and her new perfume. *puke*

chico

Post by chico » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:46 pm

Bushranger wrote:That link is no good. I just got an article about Jessica Simpson and her new perfume. *puke*
Scroll down.
Shovelglove make you strong like bull!

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:20 am

My bad. Didn't realise it was a list of multiple mini stories. I see it now.