Starting again.

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Finnigan

Starting again.

Post by Finnigan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Hello all. I haven't been around in a while. For a good portion of last year my wife and I were doing well and SGing together, but just as happened to me the year before, we were derailed by the holidays.

Well, with our health in mind we're starting to put the train back on the tracks and get moving again.

I am trying something new. I am going to wake up early and start the day with SG instead of end it with SG. I started this morning, and I even tried a new move! It was inspired by anotehr poster mentioning farmwork and I kind of like it. I'm going to try it for a while. I'll post it in the "moves" forum.

chiangmaiboss

Post by chiangmaiboss » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:50 am

Hello Finnigan. I wake up early everyday and would like to do sg then also but I have hard time getting motivated in morning. I usually go for walk or ride bike but cannot manage anything mre strenuous than that.
Chiang Mai and Nakhon Sawan, Thailand

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I failed this morning. I went to bed too late. I'll have to SG tonight before bed.

I have to admit, the one day so far I SGed inthe morning it was kind of nice to say to myself "I have already exercised today" and didn't have to dread doing it before bed.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:00 am

Welcome back, Finnigan.

I vastly prefer shugging in the morning, but I haven't been able to do it since we've had kids -- they get up too darn early. Hopefully when they get older I can get back on the AM schedule.

Reinhard

Finnigan

Post by Finnigan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:48 pm

So far the morning thing has failed. Allergies and allergy medication haven't helped in maintaining a daily habit either, but we're still trying.