I think that you should sell t-shirts with your quotes.

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
library_guy

I think that you should sell t-shirts with your quotes.

Post by library_guy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:28 am

The everyday systems "manifesto" has some great quotes and I would love to see them on t-shirts. Two quotes in particular that stand out to me are "Maintenance is harder than progress" and "Stay on the plateau." Have you considered selling shirts? I think that you could develop a following with the college crowd selling shirts with your counter-cultural concept of moderation. Make sure that you give yourself attribution on the shirt if you do decide to sell them.

Let's face it. Reinhard Engels SOUNDS like the name of a philosopher. "Oh, Engels . . . did you study him in philosophy 100?"

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:48 am

Thanks for the business advice (and general vote of confidence).

I've had somewhat bare bones nosdiet shirts on sale at cafepress for years, and though I have sold a few, it hasn't exactly altered my lifestyle. :-)

But that could be simply because I'm a much lousier merchandiser than a concocter of phrases... Are there any cafepress (or other) shops that you've been impressed by that maybe I should look into imitating, at least business-wise?

I do have a somewhat philosophical sounding name, I guess. Possibly because of this guy. :-)

According to my rather imaginative uncle, Friedrich and I are related, but I wouldn't bet much on it. Still, imagine that portrait on wikipedia with a bit of a beard trim and a sledgehammer in one hand (and perhaps a sickle in the other). :-) There is definitely a bit of a resemblance.

Reinhard