Renovated Shovelglove Store

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
reinhard
Site Admin

Renovated Shovelglove Store

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:47 pm

It's been a while since I've given the shovelglove store much attention, but I finally got a chance over the weekend and made 3 significant improvements:

1) amazon's stock of in stock hammers has expanded considerably. I added links to an ultra-light 6 pounder, massive 16 pounder, and beastly 20 pounder (all eligible for free shipping!).

2) a came up with a query that limits the the "other sledgehammers" to the full length 36-inch handle kind that's suitable for shovelglove. Not all of these have free shipping, and there is some strange stuff in there, but I don't think there's anything else on amazon worth considering. It's a useful filter if you're looking for something beyond the hand selected links I've provided on the main page.

3) I added a little text to each item to give some guidance as to what I think it's good for: which hammers are best for uneasy beginners, which to put off even thinking about until you've got a few years under your belt, etc.

I'm going to diddle a bit more with the placement of items and so on but I think it's worth having a look at now if you're in the market for a sledge or accessory.

Reinhard