struwwelpeter-music

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
pd3

struwwelpeter-music

Post by pd3 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi. I've been lurking for at least 3 years and love then entire site.

I am breaking silence because I want some good noise, i.e., a struwwelpeter CD. The link provided attached to the shovelglove is to a cassette from the German division of Amazon. And while I can understand from the context, I don't necessarily trust myself to do a monetary transaction.

Anywhere else I can lay my hands on this wonderful, hilarious, and yes, sadistic, music?

Pat

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:23 pm

I am glad you've decided to de-lurk and especially glad that it was Struwwelpeter than finally pushed you to do it!

Unfortunately I'm having a hard time digging up anything on this album short of that cassette; youtube's got nothing -- these guys are obscure indeed!

I did find a cd on another German site (probably even less appealing than amazon.de if you don't speak German):

http://www.buecher.de/shop/kinderlieder ... /08202967/

On the bright side, the book is widely available, and even today, as I've discovered from experimenting on my own, kids love it ("Daddy, I want the one with the fingers!"). Just don't tell your wife you're reading it to them. :-)

Reinhard

pd3

Post by pd3 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:10 pm

there is a "christkindle" market in the downtown plaza where I work, and the german music stand was unable to provide any leads.

But I am so glad that you provided another link. I contacted a German- speaking friend and I am going to ask her to buy it through the link you provided. Also, I bought the book for my nephew. To alleviate the craziness of it, I tried to couch it to my sister that our grandpa (who came off the boat from Germany in the 30s to USA) might have read it as a child.

Merry Christmas and happy shovelgloving!