What I like about shovelglove so far.

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
mattman

What I like about shovelglove so far.

Post by mattman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:41 pm

For starters I like that nobody on this web site tries to act overly tough or like a badass. I really like that's mellow and noncompetitive. although a contest would be fun to watch. So far I like how it seems to make my job easier.After swinging a 20 # sledge for 14 mins., a 6# flathead axe is nothing. I do feel it in different abd muscles that I wasnt expecting, which is pretty cool. I really like that it's completly different from any other workout I have done.

Right now I have to force myself to not try and push it too quickly. By that I mean not try an increase the weight to fast an also not increase the time yet. Slow and steady.
two wrongs don't make a right.
But three lefts do.

slothlike

Post by slothlike » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:42 am

I like that it's so efficient. I get both a functional strength workout and cardio all in one 14 minute package, plus I can do it in my underwear.