Suburban rangering revisited

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
navin

Suburban rangering revisited

Post by navin » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:54 pm

This guy has the right idea:

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articl ... 02-ON.html

As for me, my own lawn is enough for me if I stick with my push-reel mower. I have been using it exclusively for about a month.... so long as I'm not lazy and actually mow it about once a week it works really well. (But last week I didn't mow at all, so time to break out the machete..)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

david

Post by david » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:46 pm

That guy did have it right! I wonder if he got the idea from Forrest Gump?

Navin, I did the push-reel mower for a while and it works well, but at the time we parked cars on our lawn during the Fall because we lived near a college football stadium. The parking money was great but the ruts in our lawn made the push-reel impractical. It is great exercise though.

--david

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:30 pm

This is awesome. Thanks for posting this, navin.

Here's another idea: be a volunteer mover. Now that's a full body workout. I guess it would be hard to do in discreet little chunks throughout the week, though.

Reinhard

navin

Post by navin » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:10 am

Here's another idea: be a volunteer mover. Now that's a full body workout. I guess it would be hard to do in discreet little chunks throughout the week, though.
No kidding. I've helped several friends move, and moved a few times myself (though thankfully, haven't moved in about 5 years now) - and it really IS a workout... especially if there is one of those sleeper-sofas involved. :shock:
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.