New Urban Ranger

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
Buffalo Gal

New Urban Ranger

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 pm

I have decided to take my car off of the road and become an Urban Ranger for at least spring/summer/fall. I am not so sure about winter...I live in the North East! Anyway! I am at the end of week one and cannot believe how sore I was the first couple of days. I feel better now but need some advise on good walking shoes. My sneakers are the pits! If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Buffalo Gal :)

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:04 pm

Buffalo Girl,
Hi there. Boy what a role model you are; I'm impressed.

If you are looking for a great walking shoe, check out CardioStrides. They're sold only thru Nikken, and they have removeable weighted insoles so that you can get a great cardio workout even if you just wear them around the house. They're recommend by the US Walking Federation. They are comfortable with and without the weighted insoles and have a good roomy toe box. If you are interested in checking them out, here's a link for you:

http://www.iact1.com/enikken/ShoppingCa ... io_QRS.pdf

If you are interested in purchasing them, contact me directly for a discount.

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Depending on where you live you can find stores that cater to walking shoes. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor or a physical therapist about where they send people for orthodic shoes. You'd be suprised what else they carry. In my area I found Foot Solutions has a great selection and knowledgeable people. Wherever you go, take your old walking shoes with you. The wear on them will give you and the person helping you clues as to if you pronate or supinate, put most of the pressure on your heel or the ball of your foot, etc. Very important stuff if you don't want to be one of my patients later in life.
Heather

mjn

Post by mjn » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:45 pm

I walk alot of miles in my New Balance shoes. I love em.

Jaymiz

Post by Jaymiz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:02 pm

I love my Dr. Scholl's shoes. Very, very comfy, and have built-in gel inserts. I have two pairs -- one that I wear inside with my Orthotics (I have Plantar Fasciitis), and another pair that I wear outside.

Got 'em at Wal-Mart for $40 (cdn).
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.