Sunscreen recommendations?

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
kellenheller

Sunscreen recommendations?

Post by kellenheller » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:02 pm

Urban Rangering is great for you body, but the sun is not so nice to my skin, at least. I normally wear an spf 15 for sensivitve skin, and that works if I'm not out much, but I need something better if I'm going to be outside more.

Anybody have any recommendations for sunscreens they use? Anybody use sunscreen at all?
ping

navin

Post by navin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:44 am

Coppertone sport is not too bad - I usually use SPF 30, and it doesn't run into your eyes as bad as most of the other stuff.
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Big Phil

sunscreen

Post by Big Phil » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:43 am

I am very fair-skinned (scottish ancestors) and have lived all my life in Australia, so I know a thing or two about sunburn (we have no ozone layer here)! The best sunscreen you can buy is Hamiltons SPF30+. It is recommended by workplaces and workcover here. The BEST sun protection is much more old-fashioned - a good broad-brimmed hat! I walk at lunchtime so it is a necessity in summer. So what if no-one else wears them much, they are still the best protection and keep you cool. Possibly even more effective is an umbrella used as a parasol. The only people I see do that anymore, though it used to be very common say 50 years ago, are Asian students who come over here to go to school. I guess they work out pretty quickly how strong the sun is here!

Phil.