iPod pedometer

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
oliviamanda

iPod pedometer

Post by oliviamanda » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:46 pm

The weather is getting nice and I am starting to finally feel like an urban ranger. I discovered that not only can I use my pedometer on my ipod Nano, but when I sync it to my computer's itunes, I can send the info to nike and it tracks my progress (my pedometer steps), and puts it into this cool game where I can virtually walk/run around the world. It starts in New York and every day I upload my data and I move a little further in the game. Tonight I will make my way through the virtual Central Park... I am totally motivated right now!!!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 pm

That sounds like fun!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

koopa

Post by koopa » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Make it out of NYC yet? Avoid Newark, nothing good in there :D

jerryjames

Post by jerryjames » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 am

iPod nano is also now an even better workout partner with the new built-in pedometer, the organization's release Online Assignment Help Sydney explains. iPod nano can monitor your means taken and calories burned, helping you meet your short and long-term fitness goals.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:23 pm

I am also a gadget person. It started with an early version of the Nike running watch that was huge and clunky. I used Nike.com a lot back then but it was more limited than what Olivia describes. I had a Garmin Vivoactive the last 4 years and really liked it. One of the fun things with Garmin was creating challenges with friends and family. I could not win running or biking or swimming challenges with the mostly younger challengers, but I could win a steps challenge.

I was gifted an Apple Watch for Christmas, and I am still trying to figure out all the things you can do with it. Anyone have any tips?
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:00 am

I love the fitness element of the Apple Watch. I try to close the three rings every day - 30 exercise minutes, 450 calories burnt and standing every hour. The medals and awards are motivating for me. I’m currently on a longest move streak of 149 days and I do not want to break that! It’s a bit like the habit cal and ‘don’t break the chain’. The monthly challenges are fun and my husband and I try to achieve them. It also means we go out for a walk every day before dinner- nice way to start the evening.
I haven’t lost any significant amount of weight but my trousers are looser around the thighs! :D
53 years old
Average weight loss:
May 18 - 2.45lbs

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:34 pm

Thanks idontknow. I have figured out the daily rings and have my calories goal set at 600 and exercise at 30. I started using it January 1 and have closed the rings every day except the first two when I was still figuring it out. I did not know about the monthly challenges. I will have to check that out.

You are right that closing the rings is pretty motivational. I like it.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.