Too Hot?

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
dockanz

Too Hot?

Post by dockanz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:48 pm

I was going to UR to work this morning (2.5 miles), but my dear wife told me it was too hot today. Do you find temperature extremes keeping you from otherwise enjoying a nice walk?
Make the Better Choice

koopa

Re: Too Hot?

Post by koopa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:05 pm

dockanz wrote:I was going to UR to work this morning (2.5 miles), but my dear wife told me it was too hot today. Do you find temperature extremes keeping you from otherwise enjoying a nice walk?
I don't run in the hot weather, but I do still walk. Sometimes you have to think about it as that you are walking in a sauna and get the extra benefits of weight loss. :)

Thankfully, my wife doesn't complain too much about the heat, I'm typically the one that gets bothered by it.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:20 pm

I have very little heat tolerance, so I do walk and bike less when it's above the low 80s -- I have to. There is nothing moderate about getting dizzy and disoriented, throwing up, or fainting!

Naebird

Post by Naebird » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Walking in the heat is no fun at all. If it is too hot I try and split it up into 2 small 20 minute walks with the doggie, one early in the morning and one as the sun goes down and the heat starts to abate.

If I am really feeling like it is too hot, the dog is on his own and I will walk on the treadmill (boring) in the basement. It helps if I have an audio book on my ipod. But I don't like to do that since it is so dreary.
SW - 220 (started July 21, 2011)
CW - 208.4
GW - 165ish

5'11, 35 year old, girly girl

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle

Naebird- Getting healthier everyday!!