If you do Zumba or similar cardio...

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
desertmom

If you do Zumba or similar cardio...

Post by desertmom » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Sorry, I know this isn't technically an urban ranger question, but more about exercise in general.

I just started No-S again. I do Zumba 3x a week, 50 minutes each time. Before when I was counting calories, I would allot some to eat just after working out because I found myself getting shaky without some food. However, my Zumba class is from 9:30 - 10:30, so it's neither breakfast nor lunch time for me.

Now, I did tend to skip breakfast or just have a very small bite beforehand. I wonder if eating a normal breakfast would give me enough energy to keep me over until lunch, even with the exercise. I've been sick this week, so I haven't worked out, but I'll be back next week and I'm looking for ideas to handle it. Do you need to make any special accommodations when you do higher-intensity cardio or does the No-S take care of it? Thanks.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:40 pm

I didn't see this until today, but here's what I'd do. I'd have a decent breakfast a couple of hours before the Zumba class. If you need something afterwards, a glass of milk or juice -- then lunch at your regular time.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."