Exercise Trading system

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
yaki

Exercise Trading system

Post by yaki » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:12 am

Here's a little system I came up with:
Every minute you spend being physicaly active (walking, stretching, calisthenics, wheight lifting, gardenwork, shovelglove, painting,sweeping ( washing dishes and setting the table don't count ;-))) allowes you to spend a set amount of your free time infront of the computer. For the beginning, you can start out with 1:1, and later move on to 1:2. This will have one of two possible effects:
1. You will start being a lot more physicaly active.
2. You will significantly reduce your use of the computer.
Of course, it can also have both effects ;-).
Similar to weekend ludite, but a bit more extensive. What do you think?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Very elegant concept. It's like "carbon trading" (except less susceptible to manipulation by corporate scumbags).

My only concern: it sounds like a lot of keeping track.

I assume you're volunteering to be the first guinea pig for your system? Let us know the results as they come in.

Reinhard

navin

Post by navin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:12 am

My only concern: it sounds like a lot of keeping track.
Combining this with Urban Ranger and a USB pedometer could help in that regard though. :)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

yaki

Post by yaki » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:02 pm

I decided that this was too much keeping track. And it also keeps your from being creative. So, after all, I won't be the guinea pig^^. But if anyone else wants to...