Hi, I'm new

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
Spudd

Hi, I'm new

Post by Spudd » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:09 pm

We just bought a new house, which is 3 km from my office. I'm planning to become an urban ranger once we move. Right now it takes me 30-40 minutes to drive to work, so the move is definitely going to be an improvement. I won't be shovelgloving or No-S-ing, though. I'm thinking urban ranger & traditional weights & yoga.

We'll also be within walking distance (about 2.5 km I think) to the grocery store & movie theater. Score!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:55 am

Welcome Spudd!

Sorry I somehow missed this post for 10 days. Hope you're still with us, despite the lack of a prompt welcome.

It's not the flashiest, but urban ranger is probably the single most important system. If I had to choose one, that would be it. For one thing, I thought of most of the other systems while urban rangering.

Reinhard

Spudd

Post by Spudd » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:21 pm

I'm still kind of around. :)

I haven't moved yet, so no real urban rangering yet - but I am taking the stairs one story when I go for lunch, which is a step in the right direction, so to speak. ;)

The urban rangering will begin October 24!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:00 pm

Great. Since I've made it "no option" but to take the stairs at work, I pretty much take the stairs everywhere instead of elevator or escalator. It adds up!

"Useful" exercise like this also makes life more interesting. You're always looking for a challenge. The world becomes a permanent low intensity obstacle course. It's sort of like parkour except not dangerous.

Reinhard