I want to be busy doing something intersting

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
LoveULife

I want to be busy doing something intersting

Post by LoveULife » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:25 am

Hi All,
wanted to kill time and so was brwsing..since my increasing weight was the most bothering issue, went to google for that n found NosDiet and so this discussion forum..its intersting
I am a computer programmer, 23 year old girl and for last 6 months i don't have much challenging work in the office :(... and only during these 6 months i have put on considerable weight too. So i hav figured out that i need to be busy in something creative,intersting that will keep me off from food.
yes leaving the job is a good option n m trying for that too. but untill that can u pls suggest me somethig ?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:02 pm

I've got the opposite problem: too many competing interests. I don't have nearly enough time to indulge them all.... Reading alone could fill up several lifetimes. Just to throw something out there, have you considered joining a book club?

Reinhard

LoveULife

Post by LoveULife » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:45 am

Thanks Reihhard...
yeh i love to read and I have just finished with 'The Alchemist'..vey nice book. I am lokking for something interactive but...
Start from where u are, with whatever you have
make something of it ,and never get SATISFIED

LoveULife

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:59 pm

Interactive is where the "club" part of book club comes in.

It also gives you a much better understanding of the book. I'd forget what I read right away if I didn't talk about it with someone.

If it still doesn't feel productive enough for you, maybe consider reading something for the librivox project. That way your hobby actually helps someone.

http://librivox.org/

Disclaimer: I haven't actually done this myself yet, though I've been considering it (and recording) for a while.

Reinhard