Habit Traffic Light

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
NoelFigart

Habit Traffic Light

Post by NoelFigart » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:33 pm

I had an anterior cruciate ligament replacement in my knee three weeks ago.

If you don't know much about sports medicine, this is a repair that requires an enormous amount of physical therapy in rehab (45-60 minutes a day).

Because my doc is being very conservative, he's not letting me off crutches as quickly as I think my condition and progress (very good, if I can pat myself on the back) warrents. This was kicking me in the motivation.

Now, if you don't do your PT, you might as well not have had the surgery in the first place! Having been through the pain and aggrivation, you really don't want to let that slide.

I've found the habit traffic light has been VERY useful as a self-motivation tool to get back on my feet.

Shovelglove (because the movements require a torquing movement of the knee) and Urban Ranger (because I'm still required to stay on crutches) is going to have to wait awhile, but I am very VERY eager to get back to it!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:30 pm

Noel,

Sorry I somehow missed this post.

Sorry about your injury... but I'm very happy to hear the habit traffic light has been a useful structure for you.

Hope you can add shovelglove and urban ranger soon!

Best,

Reinhard