Made it through 1st week

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
Newfie Girl

Made it through 1st week

Post by Newfie Girl » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:17 am

It has been over a week now since I started Nosdiet. I am mainly concentrating on NO SNACKS to start off with. Some nights have been difficult to get through. I have opened the fridge, then slamed it shut and said "No, No, you can't eat anything". Then I will walk up and down my hallway and try to get to bed early.

I had a relapse on Wednesday when I ate after supper. I believe this happened because I was overtired and stressed due to my daughter's marriage breakup. I truly am an emotional eater. Sometimes I have eaten the food before I even realize what I am doing. Once I start snacking I just seem to keep eating. The next day I made up my mind that I just had to get right back on track.

I am amazed at how disciplined and firm I was with myself this past week. I waited until 1:00 p.m. for lunch and 6:00 p.m. for dinner.

I have been reading all the posts and they supply me with such encouragement. Thanks Reinhard, so thankful that I stumbled upon this site. Oh, by the way, I lost 2 lbs last week.

geekmommy2

Great Week!

Post by geekmommy2 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:08 pm

Newfie:

I'm very happy for you! You deserve to be healthy. I'm a stress eater, too and I've been doing a crossword or puzzle with my kids whenever I feel like eating after dinner. It's worked great so far. It keeps my hands and mind busy.

Afternoon before dinner is the hardest part for me. I've been taking the kids out for a walk as soon as they get off the bus, no after school snacks.

Make this week great, too!

Geekmommy2

Newfie Girl

Post by Newfie Girl » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:50 pm

Thank you Geekmommy2 for the suggestion of doing crossword puzzles. I always enjoyed doing crossword puzzles, but it has been a while since I have done them. Perhaps I will get back at it.

I will do my best this week. This afternoon was a beautiful winter day with the snow softly falling, so I went for a nice walk. Hope you have a good week also.