Body Flex System

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
gratefuldeb67

Body Flex System

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:46 pm

"Body Flex", a system devised by Greer Childers is a highly effective size reduction exercise which I used in the past, in my pre Yoga, pre SG years...
I bought it off Cable TV after seeing her infomercial (Hint, Reinhard.. Time to make a cool ten minute Shovelglove infomercial! LOL...0
I figured it wasn't that expensive and I could chance losing the money if it didn't work... I think, at the time, the total package was only 20 or 30 bucks for her videos...

Well, I did it for about 4 months back then , "then" being around 1998 and I was really really big at the start... About 45 inch waist, two years post pregnancy... What intigued me was Ms. Childers own story... She was, at the time, around 50 and had three children.. She also said she had suffered some serious depression and that no antidepressants helped her, but that the exercise did...That, I think is what really sold me, and in that time, I lost about 20 lbs, pretty cool, but the size lost was unbelievable...

Lets see, about 6 months of doing it, I went down 10 inches from my waist... (Incidentally, that's just what I'd like to go down at this point of my life too...)

This is a very intense workout, but it feels sooo awesome.... It claims to be doable in 15 to 20 minutes, but you really need about half an hour to do it where you are sufficiently warmed up and it's truly "burning fat"....
(I put this in quotes because I don't really know physiologically if that's whats happening, but something makes you lose weight with this!!!)
I'm all stoked about this again guys because I tried it today, after not doing it for about five years...

I remember when I would do this workout, I'd measure myself before and after and every single time I did it, my size would budge down, substantially... I wanted to see if this would happen again...
It did... You may stay skeptical if you wish, but as in the past, my size went down, in just the first workout... I was 37 inches at the beginning, and at the end of the workout (which was intense as all hell!!!) I was 36!!!!
I didn't squeeze the tape or anything... I know there's no need to fool myself, or delude myself in any way... I am sooooo excited about rediscovering this that I just had to post about it... I'm going to do this as an everday system, diligently, and watch that I'm really strict with NOS, and I will let you know where I end up in a few weeks...

These exercises are like a combination of Yoga, Pilates, and Primal Scream Therapy.... It's way to loud and embarrassing to do in public, as you make all kinds of unflattering "body sounds" due to the forceful expelling of air as you "compress" yourself and create a "vacuum"..LOL.., but crank up your Led Zeppelin I, and get ready to breathe and stretch yourself into a quivering, shaking mass of fat burning, energy boosting monster!!!!

I haven't looked at Ms. Childer's site for these years, and I'm sure she's still around... There seemed to be a bunch of detractors back then, who attributed her success to jogging and diet, but believe me people, that wasn't what did it... These breathing stretching exercises are like nothing I've ever experienced.. *AND* now that I have much more of an understanding of good posture, and Yogic techniques, I am going to really make the most out of this... If you do it "wrong", it can result in tight neck and diaphragm muscles, as you are breathing very very forcefully... But this can be totally avoided with awareness of your own tension and posture and holding patterns, which I now have...

Since many people have been posting site stuff about a variety of exercises, I thought I'd add this one to the mix...
I'll let you know how it goes...
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
ps.. Ms. Childers also recommends not eating after 8pm... I think I'll give that a go as well...
Time for some tough love for the Debster guys!

Okay, I just checked her website, it still exists...
You can have a looksie for yourself :)
www.bodyflex.com

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:24 pm

Okay, I "body flexed" my butt off, or should I say my "Lungs" off...
For about 25 minutes? Not sure...
I was coughing and choking and screaming my ass off!!!
This is definitely not a public access event!!!
LOL..
As of yesterday..
My waist went from 36" and this morning it was 36.5"
After the workout it was down to 36" again...
It's the first day of my period, so who knows how my body is behaving now, water wise...
Last time I did this, I did it twice a day.. Morning and Evening...
I forgot to mention two things.. One, this workout must be done on a completely empty stomach... I drink coffee no matter what, but other than that, no food...
I guess since I'm only able to muster up a once a day regimen of this, it might work a little slower.. But that' still fine...
I felt great while I was doing it, and I am sure that it will be something I wish to continue and add to my life this year on a daily basis...
I'm psyched! This exercise is crazy enough for me, but I don't think it's for everyone... LOL... And forget about me ever making any quicktime home video! LOL...
But I feel the benefits already.. My energy is rising and my mood is improved too...
Rahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
8) Deb

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:28 pm

How is this different from Oxycise?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:40 pm

I think she made up Body Flex from Oxycise...
Whatever.. it was a great 20 dollar investment, and I see her basic video price has stayed the same...
But as I said before, this is not an exercise for deeply inhibited people, because you make sooooo much noise doing it..
But if you blast the Led Zeppelin loud enough (once you've memorized the basic moves and no longer have to use the video, which has a very mind numbingly boring music background, like John Tesh or something)
you just might be able to drown out some of the embarrassing sounds which are bound to eminate from you! LOL...
I am sure she also sells some other "supplemental" stuff, though I didn't check... I don't know about any of that...
The workout seems to work well enough and I'm not about to go and buy any specialty vitamins or "oxygen" pills! LOL...
Have a great day Jammin Jan!
Love,
8) Deb

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:46 pm

I just looked at the little infomercial video that's currently on the site..
It seems like she is pushing all those drinks and such and some resistance band thingy..
She must have changed the workout format..
Well, maybe it's time for me to make a quicktime video!!!!

Ha ha ha...
Oh yeah, I can't, it's trademarked!
My tape is from about 7 years ago... LOL..
I guess she jumped on the multilevel marketing bandwagon..

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:39 pm

Hi Deb!
Keep me posted on how the Body Flex works for you. I have heard of Body Flex before, but you can't believe everything you read. So I'm pysched that you are going to do it, because I will believe you :!:

I exercise to Leslie Sansone's walk videos, plus some weight training also a couple times a week. Living out where we do (a one horse buggy town) exercise videos or walking outside are the way to go. It would be fun to have another form of excercise to shake things up a bit. Plus walking outside here is not always a fun thing to do. We live in high desert mountain area, lots of sage brush but no trees to block that mighty wind! Plus there are only 2 seasons here, 3 months of summer and 9 LLLLLLongggggggg months of winter.

Love & Hugs!
CarrieAnn :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:17 am

Hey Carrie Ann, we used to live in that same town in Nevada, I think. Now we are in a different one horse buggy town in Minnesota, where we also have loooooooooooong winters. Hooray for Leslie Sansone!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:00 am

Carrieann,
It definitely worked for me in the past... I was doing it every day twice a day.. Right now, I'm only doing it once a day... Not sure if this will muck it up or not...
Maybe it will just go slower... The key is that you are doing this very intense workout on an empty stomach, so it forces you to burn up fat reserves... Maybe I'll start doing it twice a day again... I will have to muster up a lot of enthusiasm for that!!! LOL...
When I did it seven years ago, within about four or five months, I lost around 10 inches from my waist... It was unbelievable... I'll be posting my end progress with this at the end of October...
Let's see what happens!
Stay warm girly!
Love,
8) Deb