Habit Priming

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
BuckeyePink

Habit Priming

Post by BuckeyePink » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Maybe you all could help me with a nice pun or alliteration for a pre-habit building exercise. Let me give an example:

I bought a daily planner (moleskine) for 2009. It does not start until January 1st. Instead of waiting until then, for the month of December I will just carry the new planner with me every day and leave it open in sight. That way, when it is time to actually implement the new habit of tracking my daily to-do's, I have the foundational actions already in place.

"Habit Priming" is the best I name I thought up. Anything better?

~Anna

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:07 am

How about "prehab"?

BuckeyePink

Post by BuckeyePink » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Pre-Hab - I love it! Sounds much more positive than 're-hab'. 8)

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:23 pm

Prehab is actually a real term.

If you've had a sports injury that requires surgery, often one of the goals is to get strong before you have the surgery. "Prehab".

I did do prehab before an ACL reconstruction and I can think of few things I was gladder I've done in my life.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.