Rangering with the Podcasts

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
winnie96

Rangering with the Podcasts

Post by winnie96 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:51 pm

LA_Loser wrote:I downloaded all the podcasts ... and listen to them on my iPod--over and over. They are short and very low tech; you can hear Reinhard's kids/cats in the background sometimes. But it's nice to hear his reassuring calm voice explain all this stuff.
I finally got around to downloading all the podcasts (using the "mp3" option on the podcast page) and installing them on my iPod. For the past two days of rangering, I've been listening to them instead of my usual Sousa marches.

If you use an mp3 player while rangering, I highly recommend listening to the podcasts this way. I had read the transcripts, but there is something very striking and personal about actually hearing Reinhard's voice and inflections.

I found this to be a very enjoyable way to review and reinforce my understanding of the Everyday Systems, while furthering my rangering goals. (Listening to the Rangering podcast while actually rangering is especially inspirational!)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:17 pm

winnie,

I'm happy to hear this!

Sorry I've been dawdling so long getting the next episode out -- my darling second daughter makes it VERY difficult to carve out the solid few hours of concentration I need to put together something remotely worthwhile. I am actively working on it, though; I have a pretty clear idea of what the next three episodes should be about, and I keep accreting notes...

Reinhard

winnie96

Post by winnie96 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:14 am

Just a word of warning:

I was out rangering today with some of the later podcasts (maybe #23 or 24), and almost jumped out of my parka when I heard a kitty-cat meow really loud right next to me! Did I step on the cat? Was it in some kind of trouble? I looked left, right, behind, and all around for the cat, ready to rescue it from imminent danger ... (btw, I am a major kitty-cat fan).

Well, moments after my adrenaline level returned to semi-normal, I realized that the meows were on the podcast, broadcast directly into my earbuds! A major laugh after I realized what had happened! Someone somewhere on these boards called the podcasts "charmingly low-tech, you can hear Reinhard's kids and cats ...". Yes, indeedy -- you can!

Reinhard: I imagine that your current situation makes designing and implementing new podcasts way out of scope, but you know a grateful audience would appreciate anything you can do in this regard. The body of your work that currently exists, however, will provide me with months and months of instruction and inspiration.

Meow!
Winnie

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Winnie,

I'm very glad to hear you're enjoying the old episodes so much -- inspiration to get off my duff and push some new ones out.

Gingi and Zippy send their apologies! (they are LOUD cats! Matched only by my daughters :-))

Reinhard

15n@50

Post by 15n@50 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:16 am

Yeah, the podcasts are fun. The cats always make me smile. I also like the sirens in the background. I don't remember hearing the kids. Maybe the next podcast. :D
Resistance can be beaten. If Resistance couldn't be beaten, there would be no Fifth Symphony, no Romeo and Juliet, no Golden Gate Bridge. - Steven Presssfield