Night shift workers

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
kipper

Night shift workers

Post by kipper » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi, I'm an ER nurse...do combination of 12hr day/night shifts. Love the plan but find it hard to stick to on nights and need advice on how to schedule meals on the nos plan. Can anyone help?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Kipper,

Probably the simplest plan would be to add a 4th mini meal on days like that (just don't call it a "snack!").

The no-s mods and tweaks discussion has a bunch of other ideas that you might find useful.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2527

Best of luck and let us know what you wind up doing and how it works,

Reinhard

kipper

night shifts

Post by kipper » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks for responding....after thinking it over, I believe I'm going to be able to "tweak" the system to suit my schedule. You see, I work a pattern of "4 on / 5 off" ....meaning two 12hr days, then two 12hr nights, then 5 days off. So, I've decided to permanently assign the 2 nights as S-days instead of Sat/Sun. (I work so many weekends, that they aren't as important to me as mon- fri. folks)......so, I'll actually only have 2 S days in 9 instead of weekly. (which means even less indulgence).
Anyway, I tried it with my last shifts and I lost 4 lbs. this week!!!!
(I started no s last spring....lost 8 lbs. then strayed from it to go back to the "point counting" group......ended up heavier than when I started and almost crazy from constantly counting, measuring and dreading the weekly weigh-ins).
I'll keep you posted and if successful, may be of help to other shift workers.......