Dr. Phil

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
Ray

Dr. Phil

Post by Ray » Wed May 04, 2005 1:45 pm

I knew there was something familiar about Dr. Phil and NS systems both are all about establishing sane doable habits. Comments? :idea:

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 04, 2005 7:54 pm

Hi, Ray. I'm not too familiar with the good doctor, but I'm assuming I should be flattered at the comparison, so thanks! Any good links? I found this random Dr. Phil quote generator:

http://www.mangydog.com/games/drphil.php

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:28 pm

I like PhDoctor Phil, because he doesn't sugar coat anything, but that's where the resemblance ends! And I'm not buying that "diet for people with a pear shaped body" book he wrote, though I hope someone is helped by it...
Reinhard is way smarter, way more creative, and way better to look at!
:wink:
Time for you to get a syndicated Shovelglove show on tv! :P
But I will say, that if I had to choose between all the other crud out there,
I would watch Dr. Phil, over say, some brainwashing type guy like Werner Erhard, or L Ron Hubbard! LOL....
The "take care of business" and "you are in charge here" approach that Reinhard uses, is really the thing that's helpful in all the systems, and I guess that's kind of Dr. Phils general theme... You take the initiative to change what you don't like about yourself, no one else.
A couple of other cool guys are Pat Croce, and Larry Winget.
Still haven't really gotten to see, or read up much on Tony Roberts (or is it Robbins? Duh sorry Tony!) but I hear he is quite the motivational speaker.

Yay Doctor Rein!
Love,
Dr. Deb :lol:

JWL

Post by JWL » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:37 am

Yeah, imagine a boxing ring, with Dr Phil in one corner with a pile of his books and a pen to autograph them, and Reinhart in the other with his 16lb sledgehammer!

I'll take Reinhart in a first round knockout!

hee hee
JWL[.|@]Freakwitch[.]net