Daily Dance :)

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
gratefuldeb67

Daily Dance :)

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Well I'm not sure if this will become a system of it's own, but it might!
It feels so amazing to get out music and dance.
Even at the highest weight I have ever been, I can't help but feel a dramatic improvement in my mood when I do this, and I actually even feel sexy!
That *HAS* to be something good you know??
So I'm going to try and do this every day..
Daily Dancing.. just for as much or as little as I want, but definitely with an emphasis on getting my heart rate up and getting a bit sweaty!
At the moment I have a generic HabitCal for "14 mins of any exercise" because when I tried to have a separate one for each thing I do, it was just too much.. Yoga, Urban Ranger, Dancing, Body Flex.. They are all stuff I will do interchangeably through the week, but I'm hoping that dancing becomes a regular thing cos it feels really really great!
The right music is crucial, and for me, I like dancing to The Gipsie Kings!
Currently listening to "Tierra Gitana" there's at least six excellent, fast paced tunes that *beg* to be danced to!
OLE!! :wink:
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 pm

I hear ya, Deb. This is one of the reasons I like my fitness classes. Put on the music and GO.

Have fun and keep dancing.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 am

Thank you Blithe Morning :)
I hope to do this everyday this week.
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

jessdr

Post by jessdr » Fri May 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Ooh, I'm going to start doing that! I actually dance most days, but it's usually in class, or practicing something I need to work on. I'm going to try just putting on some music and moving for the fun of it.
Diet refugee, trying to get my head back on straight.