What I've been up to (2 KB long cycle)

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
storm fox

What I've been up to (2 KB long cycle)

Post by storm fox » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:38 pm

This is one of the most feared movements in all of kettlebelldom:
http://girevoysport.ru/lc.htm
http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/221/
It should be noted that there are two styles of KB-ing: Hard and soft styles. Soft style is for competition, and includes techniques to let you keep lifting for the solid ten minutes; hard style is for those not competing in GS, but want the benefits for other endeavors. Hard style has also been evaluated as being safer. I use hard style.

My favorite way of training with KB's is density style:
http://home.comcast.net/~joandbryce/it_all.htm

I do this with 50# kb's now, and have achieved 110reps in 20 minutes.
My best with a pair of 65's is either 48 or 51 If I remember correctly.
I do the 2kb Long cycle M/W/F and a few sets of 1-hand presses and pullups on Tues and THur. After a few weeks I will switch to another program to rest some systems while giving others some attention.

I just posted this in case anyone was curious what I'm talking about.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:37 pm

Thanks for the update, Storm.

And it's always nice to see what's going on in the realm of shovelglove's cousin, kettlebell.

"Kettlebell" is such a sweet, almost girly name for such a macho device, don't you think? It makes me think of swiss maidens in dirndls frolicking in the alps, not russian special forces killers.

Anyway, I guess I've got no right to talk. "Shovelglove" isn't everyone's favorite, either. And I guess it's appropriate that cousins have similarly off names.

I'm really glad you're back on "board" here. Sorry I've been a little out of it the last week, nasty cold has been plowing through our family.

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Feel better Reinhard!

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ps... Swiss maidens never looked so buff! LOL....

storm fox

teehee!

Post by storm fox » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:03 am

Yes, kettlebell does sound girlie, or at the very least whimsical. I'll never deny it. It's funny, you mentioned shoveglove sounding girlie, but both names describe the apparatus in plain language, that is shape and configuration, respectively. I was going to make a point, but I just had my two drinks for the evening, and my brain is enjoying the time off (finals week!). I have also done some playing with clubbells, or the homemade version thereof. they are fun, but I don't get into them as much for some reason.