14 minutes is genius

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
Royce

14 minutes is genius

Post by Royce » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:05 pm

So I always get carried away with working out and life always gets in the way. Yesterday my wife called me at work very distraught, she had bought a new bunk bed for the kids and needed help putting it together. She asked me to come home directly after work. Well if I had a goal of an hour of hiking or some drawn out routine at the gym, I would have skipped the workout. But I keep my kettlebell and a change of clothes in the car. I stop at a park on the way home everyday and do something. I had been hiking but missed many workouts do to time constraints. I stopped set my phone timer to 14 minutes. Hit it hard and went home. Easy as that. I even thought about not doing that, but the fact that it only added 14 minutes to my travel time made it downright stupid not to do it.

janet555

Post by janet555 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:33 pm

i too feel that " But I keep my kettlebell and a change of clothes in the car. I stop at a park on the way home everyday and do something. I had been hiking but missed many workouts do to time constraints. I stopped set my phone timer to 14 minutes.:

lol :)