New good habits for water intake and salt redux...

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
gratefuldeb67

New good habits for water intake and salt redux...

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:17 pm

Yes I could post this in my daily checkin thread... But this is a new and totally different system than NoS for me... I want to focus my attention on exercise and correct water intake...
I have been gravitating towards more and more salty and preprocessed foods this Winter, and I don't like these crazy spikes in my water weight..
It's a sure fire way to cause big tension and mood swings for me, especially during the week before my period, and extra especially if the Moon is full!!! :twisted:

No really...

LOL..

Items to reduce are: Anything with MSG in it, or it's phoney name "hydrolyzed soy protein".... Also, bangers and mash, will now have to be something less salty...I'm definitely looking into the Morningstar farms alternatives... I always loved their foods, but in my mind would rationalize against getting them when money is tight.. They are sometimes prohibitively expensive, compared to traditional meat sausages or hot dogs.. But I will just cut down on something else on my shopping list to accomodate the extra few dollars... It's worth it not to feel crappy for several days, or sometimes, weeks...

I'm going to just keep track with a plain ol' GREEN/RED model here on this habit...
Today is Day 1... I'll report later on or tomorrow..

My personal goal is to drink at least 3 quarts of water each day...
And my salt redux goal is simply to avoid high msg products and such for at least 6 out of 7 days per week...
This will be very good for my health as it's going to force me to reevaluate what I'm eating in a much more mindful way, and it will stimulate the inner "Julia Child" in me...
I'm a pretty good cook when I want to be! :wink:
This is sure to energize me for a great Spring!!!

Thanks for listening friends! :lol:
Peace and Love,
8) Deb...
Last edited by gratefuldeb67 on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:34 am

Day 1 Drank about 2.5 liters water..
Once it stops being so cold, I will be more inclined to chug even more.. :wink:
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:14 am

Hi DebNY,

It's funny you should say you notice a difference when the moon is full. My Mother is a primary school teacher and she always says the kids are crazier, more difficult to control and much more restless at full moon time!

I think there are a lot of external rhythms that affect our lives, but that for the most part we have become unaware of them. It's certainly interesting, anyway.

Good luck with this new goal. I'm sure it will be good - and also the pre-packaged convienience foods tend to be more expensive than making stuff yourself too, so that will be no bad thing either! :)

C.
CaroleJo

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:17 am

Oh, you could try the chickpea burger recipe I posted up. That's not got a lot of sodium in it, especially if you get dried chickpeas & kidney beans and soak them up yourself rather than using the canned ones.

C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:26 pm

Thanks my chickpea! :wink:
Peace and Love,
:lol: Debny!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:17 am

Well I did check the ingredients in Stovetop stuffing.. Hey, there definitely was msg in it.. Disguised, of course, as the ingredient
"hydrolyzed soy protein"....
Same difference..

I'm going to be figuring out how to make stuffing that's homemade or at least a better brand than Kraft!
LOL...

I am going to be drinking another sports bottle of water now, so I'll say today was okay, but not great..

I give Day 2 a TRY AGAIN
rating...
LOL...
I didn't drink enough and I ate that stovetop because that's what was here..
I also decided not to do the 21 days thing, but just to make this a daily checkin and see how the good days effect me overall with weight loss and just general good health..
Good evening guys :)
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:24 pm

Did you know that Kraft Jacobs Suchard company is owned by PHILLIP MORRIS TABACCO...?

Just some 'food for thought'.
C.
CaroleJo

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:06 pm

I'm not at all surprised...
They are a huge monopoly in the general food industry here...

All bow to the junk food god!
And we shall call him

KRAFT!!! :twisted:

:: Zombified people prostrate on the floor chanting.. "Macandcheese, macandcheese... must have macandcheese"...... ::

No doubt I will be trying nicer alternatives to these mega processed food giants over time... It'll be fun to experiment with new products which are better for us..

Oh and by the way, I can call yesterday an H2O success because after I posted I had about 2 more 20 oz bottles worth of water with some emergenC thrown in...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:07 pm

Revised Day Two... :wink:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:13 pm

I have to admit that keeping on top of salt and water intake has been very sketchy, and I am not doing to well with it either, at least the water part...
But today I am definitely in a salt mood..
I just ate three big salty garlickey pickles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well at least I tried for two days! :lol:
I think I'm just going to start reading lables to see what has msg and what doesn't and rather than a system or anything, (which I'm finding to be too annoying to keep up on anyway) and just develop more of a day to day *awareness*....

I'm going to still aspire to have more water and less salt, but I'm realizing that NoS is good the way it is!
I only have room in my brain for three rules!
::Drool dripping out of lips with vacant look in eyes::

Seeya Guys!
Peace,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness