Using Habit to Stop Sleeping In

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
Anoulie

Using Habit to Stop Sleeping In

Post by Anoulie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:43 am

Has anyone tried this? It sure sounds reasonable:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/0 ... -goes-off/
There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss.
No other road, no other way,
No day but today.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Looks interesting... But I have two very reliable, completely irresistible living alarm clocks to get me out of bed (ages 7 and 4). :-)

Reinhard

TUK

Post by TUK » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:51 am

Anoulie : No I haven't, but I totally agree with Steve on the reasoning. Getting up early has less to do with the time you go to bed than the way you react to your alarm clock ringing. Your morning coach is awfully unreliable when it comes to getting up. Steve just tries to forcefully infuse the habit.

I am using a different technique, though, that I call "The Gillette(r) clock : two blades, two scars". Simply, setting up two alarm clocks with two different ringing tones, someminutes and meters apart. Works rather well, and it tries to get the habit "on the field".

I don't buy into Steve's pseudopsychological techniques. He has gotten really weird in the past years.

And no, I don't have money for a Clocky(tm). http://www.nandahome.com/[/url]

JayEll

Post by JayEll » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 am

If I had time to practice getting up to an alarm during the day, I wouldn't need to get up early! :lol:

I have a cat who is often very insistent that I arise... Very!

But I'm lucky in that I don't have trouble getting up in the morning.