HIT training documentary

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
paikkeri

HIT training documentary

Post by paikkeri » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:55 pm

I saw this BBC Documentary: The Truth About Exercise. Here is a summary what it contained http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17177251. According to this documentary you can get fit with only three minutes of HIT training a week. It sounds good and I read some very funny british newspaper articles about the documentary. Has anybody tried this? It sort of interests me but I'm allergic to sweating :D

fwinter

Post by fwinter » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:53 am

Everyone seems to latch on to the 3 minutes thing, however the main points were as follows:

- Long walks had a remarkable effect on the blood saturated fat levels, perhaps more striking than the 3 minute burst thing

- The importance of warming up shouldn't be underestimated - the presenter injured himself straight away.

- There was a warmup and rest between intervals which meant the overall time was more like 15 minutes.

- The walks had an immediate effect on the presenters health, whereas the 3 minute intense intervals had NO effect on his health!

So, in balance what is the most effective form of exercise? Urban Rangering!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:13 am

I have done Super Slow workouts over the years. (Another variation of HIT). They make me very strong, and very thivk through the middle. I think they might be good for people who are thin naturally, but they turn me from a medium shirt guy to a large.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

rahul12

Post by rahul12 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:43 am