Brick Workout?

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
10Miler

Brick Workout?

Post by 10Miler » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:33 am

I'm new to the SG, and have done it twice now. I love it, and while moving some bricks I wondered if there might be a way to use them for working out. Obviously a person could carry them while walking. They would be dual purpose if you happen to walk in a rough neighborhood! Anyway, these bricks I have are the kind with three holes in them, so I thought I could thread a couple on a broomstick and use it for curls. I'm sure there are other things I could do too. When I google brick workouts all I get are preps for triathlons. I'm not quite ready for that yet. :D

TUK

Post by TUK » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:23 am

I have an idea : you need two bricks, a pair of old knickers, cement.

Glue each knicker to a brick with cement. put the shoes on, and walk half a mile everyday.

Call this system "seven-stone boots".

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Sounds like a worthwhile experiment to me -- the downside would be the stares / possible police intervention, but hey, if you can live with that, go for it. :-)

Reinhard

TUK

Post by TUK » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:49 pm

I guess that the real payback occurs when you can run with those. Optimus Prime style.

TUK

Post by TUK » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:06 pm

No more luck with "cmu workout". I get lots of things related to Carnegie Mellon University. When I remove Carnegie, I get Central Michigan University. But I tried "concrete block workout" and found this.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/33209 ... exercises/

At least, I improved my vocabulary...

And actually, "cinder block workout" yields some videos. I did not watch them yet, though.

mastermesh

Post by mastermesh » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 am

can't find the link right now but the other day I had a similar question... I saw some blog somewhere where two guys were working out together with concrete blocks. They'd stack them, hand them to one another and then build a tower sort of and start it over a time or two... the running with bricks thing is hard.

I have a brick in my trunk and wrapped some rope around it.. and sort of created my own gheto-bell with it... a sort of kettle bell made out of brick. Not tried it yet, but looking foward to trying it someday.