Which came first?

An everyday system, TM, is a simple, commonsense solution to an everyday problem, grounded by a pun or metaphor. Propose/discuss new systems here.
gregoryc

Which came first?

Post by gregoryc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:26 pm

I'm new here and was wondering: which of the Everyday Systems came first? I first heard of Shovelglove, but No S seems to be much more popular. Perhaps this is just a reflection on the fact that dieting is more popular than exercising? I assume the others came later, but maybe this isn't right.

At any rate, I couldn't find the answer anywhere, and was wondering the order of thier respective births. Thanks.

-Greg

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:21 am

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the long delay, I was travelling for passover/easter and had blessedly little computer time.

The nosdiet.com website went up in 2002-04, shovelglove.com in 2002-05, and urbanranger.com in 2003-03

I can't remember how long before then I'd been doing then... not more
than a few months.

Unfortunately I only started talking into my tape recorder in 2002-03,
so I have no record of the eureka moments. First mention of nos is
2002-04 (after the site was already up) and shovelglove 2002-03.

It took many months for either site to get any traffic except from
people I personally harangued to look at them.

Reinhard

gregoryc

Post by gregoryc » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:32 pm

Thanks for the info, Reinhard.

This is great stuff, by the way. Thanks for sharing it w/ the world. You've definitely made it a better place :)

Also, I'm a little curious about the tape recorder. Do you actually transcribe everthing, or just listen once than file? ... Or do I just have to wait for Audiodidact.com to hit the web?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:42 pm

I transcribe everything. It's a tad time consuming, but it also makes the whole exercise more valuable, because I have to pay serious attention. It's also made me a much faster typist. Beats the hell out of mavis beacon :-).

I'm probably not going to splurge on an audiodidact.com domain because I think the appeal is much more limited than the Big Three systems, but I am hoping to give it an everydaysystems.com page sometime soon. Thanks for your interest! That'll nudge it along a little faster...

Reinhard