First week yo-yo

Post here if you have questions about how to use this board.
SandraB

First week yo-yo

Post by SandraB » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi! I've been on the no s diet for a week and a half now......I noticed that I initially gained about 2 lbs, but then lost 3! I got on the scale again this morning and wow! I have gained 2 lbs again. What's going on? I haven't cheated and am sticking to this like glue. Anyone else yo-yoing like this? :?

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Girl, you need to step away from the scale. Nice and easy now, just step away. Just say "NO". Have your read Reinhard's book? If you have it handy, please turn to what he has to say about "weighing in" and body weight fluctuations. If you are like most of us, you've been taught to weight daily. Time to learn a new lesson, my friend. Take a deep breath, (go ahead, then take another one). Just keep your focus, and don't forget to move your body. Reinhard also tells us in his book that the first week will be the worst; but everyone is different. That's why we're all so charming on here. :wink:

Hang in there, Sandra. You'll be fine.

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

SandraB

Much needed suport!

Post by SandraB » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Thanx Diane! I need all the support and advice I can get. I guess I should "toss" the bathroom scale and read more of the book! :D

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:18 pm

There are too many factors that can cause weight fluctuation. Also, your weight makes a lousy focus when you are building a habit. I promise, from experience, that if you focus on the habit the weight will follow.
Heather

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Dear lmt2pt,

If you're going to weigh yourself, do it methodically, tracking the moving average in excel or some similar program -- or erratic fluctuations are going to make you crazy.

But I'd suggest forgoing the scale altogether (except maybe for a contained burst of measurements once a month, or once every few months).

Here's my experience with scale-stepping (also described in the book):

http://www.everydaysystems.com/podcast/ ... .php?id=24

Reinhard