A HabitCal question

Post here if you have questions about how to use this board.
Graham

A HabitCal question

Post by Graham » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:55 am

I've used HabitCal for quite a while now, and I'm thinking I'd like to change some of the categories I use. Thing is, I don't know how, particularly, to give a category a new name, or stop using an old category and start a new one, without losing the record of what I did in previous months.

For example, I have a category called "BOOK". Designed to encourage me to engage in reading from a real book every day, and particularly that I might choose something I wanted (or at least part of me wanted) to study. Now, some days I spend some intense time studying stuff of real value - on-line. It isn't shallow ephemera, it might take so much time that I don't also read a book, and I thought "how about dropping the "BOOK" category and re-naming it or replacing it with "STUDY"?"

It's also an issue of how unwieldy HabitCal becomes when you have 10 or so things to track. Likewise on exercise - I've got yoga, isometrics, rower all listed. I don't row now, I cycle instead. umbrella term like "cardio" or "aerobic" would cover both - but i don't want to lose the data from "rower"

Oh this has been long! Anyone know how I address this?

Graham

Post by Graham » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:32 am

A little experiment taught me something (perhaps).

I introduced a new habitcal category "TEST" and then filled in data for the month of July, saved the changes, and then deleted the category. I then re-inserted the same category - and voila - the data came back.

I still don't know if that data from a removed category would be retained forever on the Everyday Systems servers. I wish it would be, because then I could do what I'd like to do - to change my categories. I have changed my thinking about what I do daily, and would like to revise my tags without losing that old data. It would feel disrespectful of the effort I made to let the record of it vanish.

Smolinedex

Post by Smolinedex » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:41 am

To read something like this Look there is something good