Jen's checkin thread

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Larkspur

Re: Jen's checkin thread

Post by Larkspur » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 pm

Gratz on running for office! That is truly awesome. I wish you the best.

How is your hip/sciatica? And where do you get sprouternickel?

jenji

Post by jenji » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:25 am

It’s bursitis, not sciatica. It comes and goes. It’s not as bad as it was in the beginning.

I get the sprouternickel from Red Hen Bakery
https://www.redhenbaking.com/bread/sprouternickel/
I'm a 53-year-old mom and non-profit CEO
I am 5' 7.5"
Began No S at 184#, BMI 28.4 - 9/25/2017
Current weight: 181#, BMI 27.9, 12/19/2022

jenji

Post by jenji » Sat May 01, 2021 3:46 pm

I am back! I am hoping to restart my tracking. I got very lax about tracking and about weighing myself, and I would like to return to the daily routine of it. I have been running again, and although I never did make it to PT for the bursitis--I was too chicken due to COVID--I have seemed to recover through a lot of rest, then a lot of walking starting in the fall. I did a formal couch to 5K plan in the fall (using a series of podcasts from the NHS) that was a good way to ease myself back into running. And I am midway through another 30-day yoga with Adriene challenge, which I am approaching as a several times a week thing, not a daily challenge. So taking inventory of my body, I would say that I am overweight again (182# the other day), but I am also strong, and not as heavy as 182 and inactive would be. My butt is solid muscle again, and I can do planks and pushups without any issues. I do have a bit of a belly, which I would not mind shrinking down a bit. My size 12 (US) pants still fit but are tight instead of loose. So back to the habits.

Also, I keep thinking I am in menopause, and I keep getting my goshdarn period back. I am 51! So ready to be done.

Finally, I'll just add that running for office was very stressful. I don't regret it, even though I lost. Not that stress has to result in over-eating, but for me, it often does. So my return to normal professional life should be a chance to get back on top of things.
I am 5' 7.5"

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat May 01, 2021 4:30 pm

Wb!! I have seen fist hand how stressful running for office can be
and really admire you for putting yourself out there like that. Hopefully, things will be a little calmer for you now. Sounds like you’re doing great with your exercising.

I’m going to be 53 and still not in menopause either so I feel ya! I once went 6 mos without my period and then it had the audacity to show up again! Now it’s been a couple of months with nothing so we shall see. It’s kinda annoying though I agree.

Anyway glad to see you’re back and posting again. 💜
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

jenji

Post by jenji » Tue May 11, 2021 4:09 pm

Thanks, lpearlmom!

I have had 2 days in a row weighing in at 181, so I am inching down.

I have a new fun tool for my tracking. I use a paper "bullet journal" to keep track of my tasks and to-do lists. I've found that I like putting a stamp in the journal to indicate workouts, and I have a stamp for yoga and one for running. I just ordered custom self-inking little circles in green and red that say "No S", and in orange (no yellow available) that says "S day". They arrived yesterday. They are so cute! And affirming! Gave myself a green stamp yesterday like I was both an indulgent third-grade teacher AND the student, rolled into one.

Also, I realized that my period could have been a vaccine side effect, when I learned that a scientist is studying odd periods after the COVID vaccine. I had gone 2 1/2 years without a period and then got one 3 weeks after the first dose. I filled out the research survey, because why not help? Not a big deal as side effects go, but annoying.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:00 pm

Still at 181#. I started PT for my hip, finally, and was doing well. Then I randomly decided to do a workout I saw on the internet, and I hurt my right knee doing squats. They were just body weight squats, so I thought I'd be okay. (I was comparing this workout to what I used to do when I was more serious about workouts, which is not a good benchmark when you've been off that workout for several years.) It's been hurting for about two weeks, getting less, but still intense when I kneel and try to sit on my heels. I've been wearing a knee brace some, which takes all the pain away. When I am healed, I am going to find a strength workout that works for me. I've been checking out Pilates and think it could be good for me.
I am 5' 7.5"

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 am

Hate to tell you, ladies, my periods didn't stop until about six months before I turned 57. Can you imagine if I had gotten pregnant? Ten years ago. Seems longer. But once it was gone, it was gone. Different bodies.

Sending healing vibes for your hip.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:50 am

Sorry about your injury! My weight has been stuck forever too. Frustrating! Btw, ive been doing pilates through club pilates since june and love it! I do mostly the reformer which is easy on the joints and theyre good about giving you alternative exercises if you do have a particular injury. I font really care for the mst classes though.

57 oolala? Oh dear! I just want to get it over with because im nervous about it making me “crazy” as ny mom described her experience with it. We shall see!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

TeacherJ

Post by TeacherJ » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:36 am

I am NOT looking forward to menopause. I have heard so many horrors. My doctor told me not to worry. She said just because one woman has a certain symptom doesn't mean every woman will have it. I heard her, but I am still terrified.
5'2 female; 40-something years old

Started No S on 7/11/21
Starting size: 16/XL
Current size: 16/XL
Goal size: 10/M

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:02 pm

I pretty much sailed through mine. The odd hot flush from memory. I suffered more as a teen with pain and moods so was pleasantly surprised. :)

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:22 pm

TeacherJ - I hope you don't let your anxiety about menopause spoil what could be the best years of your life. Horror stories are not representative of the average experience, but I expect your doctor has already told you that.

In stead, you could focus on the benefits - no more periods & all that entails, much more even energy, lack of monthly food cravings. But there is also an intangible benefit, what I call old ladies privilege. Its the freedom to say and do whatever we like (life circumstances permitting). Its very liberating, and I have been enjoying it for some time now.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

jenji

Post by jenji » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Okay, now I am really back. A short history of my body this year: the little knee injury turned out to be a bucket tear in my meniscus, and after a cortisone shot (which worked for a bit), and much PT, the pain returned with a vengeance. I had surgery in Oct 2021 and lots of PT afterward. Now, a year later, I am still not back to normal. I've made a lot of progress (I can do child's pose in yoga! I can hike! I can walk 5 miles!), but I still have swelling and pain after big hikes/walks, and I can't kneel on the ground or do other motions I took for granted. It is frustrating. I have not started running again, which is a huge bummer for me. I also have not been to a dance class in more than a year. I am nervous about lateral movement but need to build up those muscles. I did discover water aerobics, and did that last summer, which was great for a once a week workout.

As a result of all this, and not eating to plan (back on my sweet tooth), I have gained weight. I am back where I started No-S: 184 lbs. today. I want to get back on the habits and lose the weight slowly. I know it will be easier on my knee to carry less weight.

So, starting where I am, today, I am back. But honestly I did not even eat breakfast today. I will go find some Greek yogurt for a little breakfast.
Lunch plan: maybe Indian food, because I need to drop something off to a student in my nonprofit's program, and my favorite Indian place is on the way.
Dinner: Maybe a Green chef meal. We have one to cook before we get 3 more tomorrow.

P.S. The period is finally gone for good.
I am 5' 7.5"

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:00 pm

Welcome back to NoS Jen. Those knee problems do take a long time to heal.

jenji

Post by jenji » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:06 pm

Thanks, Ladybird!

Yesterday: green, except I put a little eggnog in my coffee
Today: S day, yellow, my kid's birthday party, I will have cake.
Today's eating:
Breakfast: leftover dal (lentil), aloo and baingan bharta, rice, 1/4 paratha (bread), some berries. Coffee & milk.
Lunch: Finish those leftovers, maybe with a little leftover roast lamb.
Dinner: Fish and chips (from local pub), a glass of wine, and cake

I walked 6.6 km yesterday (errands for work, also buying a birthday gift for my kid) and 3.6 km this morning. Hoping to get more walking in later doing errands in Harvard Square. I did my PT this morning. Maybe I will sign up for a Pilates lesson as well.
Last edited by jenji on Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:42 pm

Weight: 184.5
I've started using Happy Scale again

Breakfast today: Leftover roasted Brussel sprouts and 1/2 cup chicken soup, coffee w milk
Lunch today: Curried red lentil soup and an apple
Dinner today: Two small pieces of pizza (they fit on one plate), asparagus, and an apple with earl grey tea

Exercise today: Short walk with a friend this morning 8:30-9 AM after my 8 AM work call and before her 9 AM call. 2.2 kms
Also will do a short weight routine (arms, squats) at lunch and will walk a bit later on my way to a work meeting

This weekend, Saturday was 10,000 steps and on Sunday, I had a long bike ride with my boyfriend to Lexington Center.

The bad knee (my right) is achy.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:25 pm

Weight: 183.5

Did my PT exercises this morning. I also did a short weight workout yesterday with 12 lb weights: goblet squats, bicep curls, tricep curls, chest press, all 10 reps each. Knee feels okay today

Breakfast: Greek yogurt with nuts and berries, coffee & milk
Lunch: Takeout ramen with my kid & an apple
Dinner: My boyfriend got prepared food from the supermarket. Grilled salmon, mac & cheese (with a smoky flavor that my kid didn't like), cucumber salad. An apple & tea
Last edited by jenji on Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:55 pm

Weight 183 today.
Green yesterday
Did my PT yesterday and 4.3 kms of walking

Today will be yellow. I'm having Mohs surgery to remove 2 minor skin cancers. If I can keep to normal meals, I will, but I have an emergency granola bar in my purse.

Breakfast: 1 green chili/pork tamale from the freezer
Lunch: ? Maybe leftovers from last night
Dinner: Pasta and meatballs from the freezer.

We skipped a week of Green Chef this week to do a freezer/fridge cleanout.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:41 pm

Yesterday was yellow (sick day, Mohs surgery), but it wasn't too wild. I ate some chocolate chips and rice krispies while feeling sorry for myself, but nothing too crazy. Otherwise, it was a normal eating day except for a very late lunch at 2:30 when I got home from surgery. I still have big bandages on my face which make me a little self conscious about walking, but maybe I'll put on a mask and walk later. It is a gorgeous, cold day.

Today:
Breakfast: slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and hot apricot jelly, coffee and milk
Lunch: leftover curried lentil soup, toast with garlicky farmer's soft cheese, and an apple
Dinner: will be homemade char siu (Chinese BBQ pork) from the Woks of Life recipe, with white rice and steamed broccoli. The pork is marinating now.

I really like the Woks of Life recipes that I've tried. I would like to try this technique (velveting the chicken) next time I make a stir fry:
https://thewoksoflife.com/how-to-velvet ... -stir-fry/
Posting it here to help me remember
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:10 pm

Weight: 184
Red day yesterday (had 2nds of the char siu)
No activity yesterday - v. productive at work but barely moved.

Today:
Breakfast: Raspberry cake (Gourmet Magazine recipe) and coffee w milk + apple
Lunch: 10 inch burrito (carnitas w mango salsa, black beans, rice, cheese) + apple
Dinner: Takeout moo shu chicken, 2 meat buns, Chinese broccoli, an apple - it did all fit on my plate

Walked ~6,000 steps - two trips to Davis Sq, and a little walking in the neighborhood.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:04 pm

Today:

Breakfast: plain croissant and coffee w milk
Lunch: Maybe leftover char siu and broccoli, and a prune
Dinner: Tacos with friends before going to the theater to see Six
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:00 pm

Yesterday was a true S day, with seconds of pizza, chocolate, and sweetened milk tea. I did walk 4.2 km yesterday, but other than that, did a lot of sitting on the couch.

Weight 184.5

Breakfast: Greek yogurt with 2 prunes, coffee + milk
Lunch: Mediterranean salad with grilled chicken (takeout)
Dinner: My boyfriend cooked a Green Chef cashew-encrusted pork chop with butternut squash and greens, and broccoli.
Last edited by jenji on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:53 pm

Weight: 184 lbs today

I had a second Mohs surgery today, so today is a yellow day. So far, I've used it to have one sweet drink, haldi milk with a little sugar. Yesterday was a red day because I stress ate some chocolate thinking about my surgery. It would not have happened if I didn't have the chocolate in my house, so lesson learned to not buy Hanukkah gelt ahead of time.

Today:
Breakfast: Overnight cracked oats with chia seed and milk, coffee & milk & apple
Lunch: Leftover cashew-crusted pork chop, arugula, grapes, potatoes & apple
Dinner: Pasta with marinara and 3 small meatballs, peas, apple
Snack: Haldi milk
Last edited by jenji on Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:25 pm

did not weigh today

Breakfast: Ham & cheese croissant, apple, coffee & milk
Lunch: Greek salad w/ steak (split with boyfriend), prunes
Dinner: Steak, rice, black beans, pomegranate, apple
Last edited by jenji on Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:07 pm

182# today

Breakfast: Plain Greek yogurt w a prune and some nuts
Lunch: Rice and beans from yesterday with one piece bacon, salad, apple.
Dinner: Greek Corner takeout: Baked Lamb with rice and salad

I rode my bike yesterday on an errand, which ended up being about an hour of riding. I realized that at the hour I was leaving, I could sit in traffic in my car, or ride my bike or take the T, and get some exercise. I rode my bike and took the long way to stay on bike paths or protected bike lanes whereever possible.

I have an errand to run today for work, and I think I will walk there. It's a 1.2 mile round trip, and nothing that I'm buying is too heavy.
Update: Walked to 2 errands (China Fair and Staples), 5.4 kms total.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:49 pm

183.5# today

I will take the T to Boston today, which ends up being at least 5 km of walking to and from the T.

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, blueberries
Lunch: Leftovers?
Dinner: Out with friends, I will check the menu later for what sounds healthy and tasty
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:38 am

184 today

I am having a number of little slip-ups as I try to re-establish the No-S habits. Overall, even with the slip-ups, I am still trending in the right direction. I've had a couple of weigh-ins at 182, but today was 184. Shrug.

Today:
Breakfast: leftover mujadara and a clementine
Lunch: More mujadara with a fried egg and olives,
Dinner: Meatloaf, garlic bread, broccoli. I would've eaten more garlic bread, but luckily it was Green Chef, and they only sent us a small portion of bread. Apple for dessert, and a couple of bites of Greek yogurt.
Then had 4 toffee cookies, just cause we had them. :(

Some of my slip-ups are because I make something for my kid, and feel bad that she didn't eat it, so I eat it. That is such a gross habit, not just because of the calories! She is a grown woman now, and I should not eat her food.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:36 pm

183# today.

Breakfast: mujadara (inspired by the No S Facebook group) w/ a dollop of Greek yogurt, coffee with oat milk
Lunch: TBD, possibly Green Chef tofu bowls
Dinner: TBD

It's raining today, so I am setting an intention to do yoga today, at least 30 minutes.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:53 pm

183# today

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, 5 almonds, and raisins, coffee w oat milk
Lunch: Leftover salmon, about 8 oz, spinach salad, apple.
Dinner: TBD. I have a night event (a gala) so I might just eat there. I have no clue whether dinner is included.
Edit: dinner at the event (buffet style): salad, 1/2 shrimp burrito w/ mango, some fried thing. One plate, one glass of white wine.
At home after the event: ate a few handfuls of tortilla chips, apple.
The verdict: a red day due to nighttime snacking

I am fretting because I haven't been shopping, and people at my event will be dressed impeccably, because the charity relates to design. Meanwhile, never-fashionable me who Kon-Maried my closet in 2020, has nothing to wear. Well, I have one jumpsuit that I think is cute but is now 5 years out of date, so jumpsuit it is I suppose.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:11 pm

Did not weigh today.

Breakfast: little plate of random stuff: cucumber, grapes, almonds, dried mango. Coffee & oat milk.
Lunch: Sashimi lunch special w/miso soup
Dinner: Greek Corner lamb chops, rice, and salads - we are going to see the musical 9 to 5 at my kid's school, so we need to cram in a quick dinner.
Last edited by jenji on Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:30 pm

183# today.

This week, I have to go on a low-fiber diet (also no nuts, seeds, or red food colors) and then clear liquids to prep for a routine colonoscopy on Thursday, so I think in the interest of sanity, I will not weigh during this week. I also will not worry about no sweets. I will try to stick to 3 meals for the 2 days of low-fiber. My best options looking at the list and thinking what I like:
Breakfast options:
Plain Greek yogurt or with honey. No nuts, no fruit!
Scones w/ no jam (no seeds, not red)
Toast and ricotta (no pomegranate or mint)

White toast or bagel and cream cheese (no onion or caper)
Lunch/dinner:
White Rice w egg or meat, no veg, no sriracha
Meat with bread and cheese (will buy myself some nice white flour rolls) - no Tajin or other red spice mixes
Mac n cheese
Sushi so long as it's only fish and rice
Treat: ice cream (mocha okay, no nuts)

Clear liquid day:
I will defrost some chicken broth I have in the fridge
Jello (not red)
Tea (no dairy)
Coffee (no dairy that day)
Miso soup with no tofu or green onion

My routine instincts when I have prepared a low-fiber meal, is "what can I add that will give it some fiber"? I'm always chopping up a little garnish or adding some beans/lentils to give things extra color, fiber, vitamins, etc. I will have to suppress those habits. My ADHD (self-diagnosed, lol) means that although I am a great cook, I am prone to throwing in a little something on a whim. When I cook for friends with allergies, I have to keep reminding myself not to creatively riff, but to stick to the recipe. This will be similar.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:15 pm

Did not weigh today.

Low-fiber diet today and tomorrow to prep for colonoscopy.
Breakfast: Coffee with oat milk, Greek yogurt with a bit of honey
Lunch: Sushi. Two orders (4 pieces) of hamachi (yellowtail) sushi w/ miso soup.
Dinner: White rolls with pork and ricotta, with truffle mushroom sauce. Jello.

My boyfriend has either a bit of food poisoning or a little stomach bug. Hoping I am spared. So far, so good.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:33 pm

Did not weigh today.

Day 2 of low-fiber diet to prep for colonoscopy. No fruit or veg or whole grains.

Breakfast: Plain Greek Yogurt, coffee & oat milk
Lunch: Baguette and pork w/ cheese
Dinner: Maybe spaghetti with cheese and olive oil/butter.

To buy today: miso soup, gatorade, maybe a container of chicken broth.

Tomorrow, I start my clear liquid diet, for one day before the colonoscopy. Broth, miso soup (strained), apple juice, lemon jello, gatorade, black coffee. I actually like black espresso with sugar and a lemon slice. I will strain the lemon out. No juice with pulp, nothing red or purple. I have a couple of work events, and I hope I do not feel faint. I think the morning one will be fine, but I have one after school, from 3:45-5:30ish, which might be a bit challenging.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:58 pm

Did not weigh today.

Clear liquid diet today to prep for my colonoscopy. I ended up ducking out of my after school activity and leaving it to my colleagues.

Breakfast: chicken broth, black coffee
Lunch: chicken broth, jello
Dinner: chicken broth, apple juice, more jello
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:43 am

The colonoscopy is behind me. My doctor did have to remove 6 polyps, and I am waiting for biopsy results. I did not weigh this week, but I will get back on the horse tomorrow.

Today, I enjoyed being able to eat again. I did keep to meals but also ate some sweets.
Breakfast: greek yogurt and mixed berry pie
Lunch: Salmon, broccoli, potatoes, chili crisp oil + chocolate mousse and a sample chocolate from a local candy maker
Dinner: Rice, lentils, roasted brussel sprouts, roasted beets
I am 5' 7.5"

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:07 am

Pleased all went well, hope biopsy results are ok too.

Relax and enjoy Christmas now.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:44 pm

Also all the best for biopsy results.

jenji

Post by jenji » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:44 pm

181 today.

Thank you for the good wishes for my biopsy. Fingers crossed.

Although fasting got me down a bit, it also made me feel out of control once I started eating again. I ate a whole bag of frozen soup dumplings for lunch on Saturday (in theory, at least 2 servings), plus chocolate. Trying to regain my equilibrium and sense of calm around steady meals.

Today eating:
Breakfast: Greek yogurt with 5 almonds, raisins, and coffee w/ oat milk (3 cups!)
Lunch: Fish sticks, cocktail sauce, rice w/ chard, 1/2 nectarine, Lindor chocolate (whoops), more coffee
Dinner: Probably a Green chef

I've ordered the food for our Christmas Eve/7th night of Hanukkah dinner with some family and one friend. I've ordered a Bûche de Noël from a local bakery, along with two fancy salads, rolls, a mezze platter, and a fruit platter. Edited to add that we will also have latkes! I will buy some cold cuts in case the teens don't like the fancy salads.

On Christmas, I only cook breakfast (usually bacon, oranges, and asparagus with coffee and whatever cookies we have or candy from the stockings), and then drop my kid to her dad's house. We will probably just eat party leftovers after that. My BIL usually brings Christmas cookies to our Christmas Eve dinner.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:49 pm

182.5 today - yesterday was a red day - I had milk tea (which has sugar) AND my neighbor dropped by with homemade jam doughnuts for Hanukkah, and, yes, we ate them. So good!

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, 5 almonds, raisins
Lunch: 2 pieces pepperoni pizza
Dinner: Rice, lentil, chicken from Mediterranean restaurant (1/2 portion), cantaloupe, prosciutto, cheese, whipped feta.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:07 pm

Did not weigh today - got up late and had to scramble.

Breakfast: banana bread and berries, a bit of broccoli. Coffee and oat milk
Lunch: Leftover Mediterranean food (Adas polo o morgh - rice with lentils and chicken, 1/2 portion), apple.
Dinner: Roast chicken, frozen peas, frozen corn, roasted potato, apple.
Red day - ate ice cream after dinner. Why? Feeling overloaded, also had it in the fridge.
Last edited by jenji on Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am 5' 7.5"

jenji

Post by jenji » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:01 pm

Good biopsy results, yay! Or, not too bad - precancerous but not cancer. Phew.

Weight 183# today

Breakfast: chicken soup w spinach
Lunch: Leftover pho with spinach, Greek yogurt w/ 5 almonds and raisin
Dinner: Pork with black bean, corn, and kale
I am 5' 7.5"

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:32 am

That's a relief.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:37 am

Glad to hear your results were good! Hang in there!