SteveKP66's Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SteveKP66

SteveKP66's Check in

Post by SteveKP66 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:26 pm

This wednesday will be 4 weeks on the program. I have lost 10.6 lbs...However, this past weekend, I gained about a pound or so back. Maybe I overate a little bit, but I tried to be careful.

I guess I should try to avoid stepping on the scale too obsessively!!

We'll see what it says on Wednesday!

Gonna keep on keepin on!! :D

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Well done!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

Imogen Morley

Post by Imogen Morley » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Over 10 lbs in 4 weeks? Impressive! Don't worry about the slight bump on the scale, I'm sure it will be gone by Thursday.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:50 am

Fantastic!! Well Done!!
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)