FrazzledTeacher's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FrazzledTeacher

FrazzledTeacher's Daily Check In

Post by FrazzledTeacher » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:19 am

Morning

I have recently come across the No S.

Last nigh I looked back at my bank statements. I have joined and l left a certain slimming group 8 times since last October 2013. You can imagine how it feels to still weigh the same.

Today I pledge to eat three times today and will check in tonight with my progress.

Until tonight!
Pleased to start on this exciting journey.

Tessytwinkle

Post by Tessytwinkle » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Welcome frazzled teacher. This is a very kind forum and the best news given your bank statement is noS is free :) we are all travelling together different journeys but the same path. I look forward to seeing your progress hope you are having a good day. Tessy

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:54 am

Hi frazzled teacher! Welcome and glad you found us! I love your name as there seem to a lot of frazzled teachers here (I'm an ex-teacher). Such a stressful job & it's hard not to turn to food during those difficult moments.

Look forward to reading your posts!

Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:36 am

Also a frazzled teacher here. Letting you know I adopted No s during some of my worst years. It actually helped my stress levels not to be stress eating every day.

We're on your side!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)