Dawn's 1st check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Dfreedkin

Dawn's 1st check in

Post by Dfreedkin » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:36 am

I read the book on Monday and have 2 successful N days behind me. I love that I can eat whatever I want during the week. It means no planning and planning is what always destroys me. I can avoid sweets and snacks pretty easily. I won't lie, I am looking forward to the weekend. But, on the upside I have missed whole milk, so permission to drink that is amazing. I've gone to bed mildly hungry the last two nights, but that is normally an indication that my diet is working. The difference is that normally on top of being a little to really hungry I am agitated at my lack of food choices. I hope this feeling lasts and that I can get my appetite under control.

Retrogirl

Post by Retrogirl » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:40 am

Best of luck to you on this new journey! I started Monday as well, so far so good. Keep up the winning streak:)

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:47 am

Good luck and welcome to our happy little group.

Dfreedkin

Post by Dfreedkin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:52 am

Thank you, both!

Dfreedkin

Dailey Check in

Post by Dfreedkin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:56 am

Today was another success. I was way too hungry between lunch and dinner. I ate a bunch of fruit and a little cheese for lunch ( it is what I wanted and something I might have snacked on before). It did not hold me and I got a raging headache about 2 hours before dinner. I stopped and bought a pint of whole milk and my headache went away. A great thing happened after dinner. I poured myself a glass of OJ and proceeded to forget about it. I have never done that before, it is a good sign!

Dfreedkin

Day 4

Post by Dfreedkin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:12 pm

sucess

Even though I have one more meal to go tonight, and I way overslept and missed breakfast. I'm calling today a sucess. I did not overeat lunch and I know I'm going to rock dinner. [/quote]

Retrogirl

Post by Retrogirl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Great job! Enjoy your S days:)

nbh76

Post by nbh76 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:35 pm

You are doing sooooo GREAT ! Congratulations and have a nice weekend !
Kindness is the only way.