Kathie's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

KathieM

Kathie's Check-in

Post by KathieM » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:09 am

First check in - Day 2 - success. ate 3 plates. no snacks -no sweets. It's midnight - I'm a little hungry but that's ok. Looking forward to a good breakfast tomorrow morning.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:12 am

Welcome & great job!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:06 am

Excellent! If I stated up to midnight, I'd eat for sure. Great 1st Day. Good luck with your second.

KathieM

Post by KathieM » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Thanks girls!

KathieM

Day 3 and questions

Post by KathieM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:12 pm

Another successful day. Exercised as well so feel very good about that.

Today is my birthday - so I will be having dessert tonight with family :)

Tomorrow evening girlfriends are taking me out - not sure if I will count that as a S day or not? Should I have dessert? Exchange a day from Sat or Sunday? I don't know... opinions from more experienced No S'ers welcomed.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:23 pm

Happy Birthday!!! ðŸ°

I vote planning on having an S event while your out tomorrow night. Setting yourself up for success is always wise and a night out with the girls seems ripe with temptation. Your bday only comes once a year so I saw go for it. Also, taking an S day away is generally not recommended. Things start to get too fuzzy if our normal S days are up for negotiations.

Anyway whatever you decide I'm sure you'll do great.

Enjoy your day!!

Linda

Retrogirl

Post by Retrogirl » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:44 pm

Happy Birthday!!🎉ðŸŽ. Have fun. This is a lifestyle, not a diet, so no worries, it will be waiting here for you in the morning whatever your decision.

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:01 pm

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your special S day or S days! I would just take two S days, and have the desserts!

Lovedby2

lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi KattieM!! I would love for you to join me in walking! I struggle with fatigue also because of Fybromyalgia. Not fun! But I am starting really slow, just 15 minutes on some flatland I found in the mountains where I live. Anyway, good luck with No S. It is great and the board is so supportive. Let me know when and if you are ready to put on those walking shoes.
Always learning.

KathieM

Thanks!!

Post by KathieM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Thank you for all the helpful and supportive comments ladies! I did take an S day and had a lovely time with my girlfriends - and enjoyed the FREE dessert. Brownie and ice-cream. I would have been setting myself up for failure if I hadn't planned to take an S Day.

It was a tricky week to start the No S diet as it was my bday ( 2 S days), a friend's bday (had a couple of bites of dessert) and my little grand-daughter is turning 3 on Easter Monday. haha

But the truth is - I don't mind. I've done all kinds of diets. I know this one really could be life-long - therefore it will come off eventually.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my N days as well as my S days. I'll take your advice Linda and not try to exchange S days. I'm happy to be a plain vanilla girl :)

KathieM

Post by KathieM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:56 pm

Lovedby2 - I will join you! We'll cheer each other on!

KathieM

Post by KathieM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:59 pm

I forgot to mention that I came home from the dinner and just had enough time to get into my exercise clothes for my Pilates class . . . I was on the little full side but i made it through :lol:

KathieM

Post by KathieM » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:51 am

A green day.

shreddies with half banana for breakfast - milk and coffee

2 small pieces of bread with pb - clementine

Chinese food for supper (bday leftovers) - one plate - no seconds - and a clementine (watched everyone else eat my leftover DQ bday cake... haha didn't bother me.)

Now I'm heading to bed since I feel like I could snack. But I'm not going to! Good night!

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:56 am

Great job today! Smart move going to bed instead of snacking. :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:12 am

Great job! Love me a dq cake! ðŸ°

KathieM

Post by KathieM » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:39 am

Monday

back on track

and

it feels good!

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:34 am

Hi KathieM. Well, I'm back among the living after that surprise stomack flu bug so I am ready to start walking again. It is suppose to rain here all week so I think I will pull out my LS walking tapes as well. I will just do the 1 mile since it is around 15 minutes I think. Hope you can join me!
Always learning.

KathieM

Post by KathieM » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:43 am

Well I"m glad I didn't call this "Kathie's Daily Check In" - just "Kathie's Check In"

Some days I've found a little hard - not super hard - but the temptation to snack in the evening is strong. But I'm hanging in there and feel so good in the mornings when I resist the night before!

Am I losing weight? I don't know since I haven't weighed myself. My feeling is maybe not. But right now I'm focusing on practicing the system. And I've had a few too many special days- all legitimate but just too many occasions on my calendar since i started. 4 birthdays plus Easter. I figure the weight will come off eventually if i stick to it. and I am. So success!

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi KatieM! How is the walking going? This week I have walked outside for 15 minutes except for Monday. I did the 1 mile WATP. I have to say I like walking outside much better, even though she walks you harder for sure. Right now I just want to enjoy the walk and not dread it. I have to start like this because of my dislike of any physcial exercise. :roll: Anyway, hope things are going well. It's an S day for me today. Yeah!!
Always learning.

KathieM

Post by KathieM » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:56 pm

I got only one walk in Lovedby2. I walked for 30 min outside. It was so nice to get out in the fresh air. i also did an hour long pilates class.

Planning to do better this week!

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:03 pm

An hour of Pilates is fantastic. I have never tried a class, but I do love Yoga. You seem to be doing well on your habits. Keep it up. It has been raining way too much here and it doesn't inspire me to walk. My dog loves it though!!
Always learning.

KathieM

Post by KathieM » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 am

Got my hour of Pilates in this evening - and a walk on Monday - so not doing too bad with some exercise. I've had 3 successful days in a row of No S. I find the evening a little challenging. If I wasn't on this diet, I certainly would be snacking. No dessert doesn't seem hard. And going for seconds was never a problem for me. The main issue is snacking. I didn't even realize how much I did it before. Hopefully stopping the snacks will translate into some weight loss somewhere down the road!