21 Day Challange

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kakawawa

21 Day Challange

Post by kakawawa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:49 am

Hello Everyone!

This is such a great forum. I've been a longtime lurker and have experimented with No S off and on. Last week and the week before I had 3 out of five green days and dropped 4 lbs. This week, only 1 green and my weight's back up. So frustrating. Why the self sabotage? Why when something is going good and I feel great, do I return to what makes me miserable? Anyways...I know that a lifetime of poor habits are taking over when my mind goes into default mode. I really want to complete this challenge to get my behavior back on track. Here's to Vanilla No S the next three weeks!

osoniye

Re: 21 Day Challange

Post by osoniye » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:36 am

kakawawa wrote: Here's to Vanilla No S the next three weeks!
Hi, kakawawa, and welcome.
I think you'll find this forum a warm and helpful place.
Yeah, I know all about self sabotage and a lifetime of poor habits. This really gets easier the longer you do it, and I do see consistent weight loss when I stick to it. It's just slow, which is is good and sustainable, but you have to really take the long view.
Here's to your 1st 3 weeks of vanilla NoS!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:27 am

Kakawawa, good to see you posting! I hear you on the self-sabotage. I've been down that road many, many times. I hope you have a great 21 days, and have lots of green on the habitcal. Remember your next meal is never very far away! Good luck!

kakawawa

Post by kakawawa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:14 am

Thanks for the encouragement! Happy with today considering all I wanted to do was snack on sweets but didn't. Already remembering the freedom I felt a few short weeks ago after one day!

Day 1-success
Day 2-success
Day 3-success
Day 4-success-there is power in posting y'all. One more day. I've white knuckled it a few times, but feeling much better!!
Day 5- success

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon May 11, 2015 10:59 am

It's always nice to read a "lurker" thread :) I hope it's all going well!!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021