Day 1

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Rgad

Day 1

Post by Rgad » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:01 am

Success for day 1 - Yeah! The late afternoon was hard esp since I was food shopping for dinner. But I did it! (Didn't realize how much I usually snack until today!) Wish me luck to keep this going! :D
Rgad

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:07 am

Welcome & good luck Rosenbjudy!

Linda :D
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:48 am

Welcome and good luck. This style of eating is sure to bring a lot of insight into your eating habits - and sometimes life habits. :wink:

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:55 am

Welcome and good luck!! :D
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.