Nettee's daily check in from day 1

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

nettee

Nettee's daily check in from day 1

Post by nettee » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Hello all

I am very excited to be starting no s officially tomorrow. I have been approximating over he weekend but of course these were S days so I have had some snacks and sweets but been much more aware of when I was having them and thinking about not having them next week.

I am nervous about the long breaks between meals and am planning on some quite big portions to start with to keep me going. I am usually a grazer and get thourgh a lot of celery when i am being good and chocolate when i am not. I have been doing slimming world on and off for about 5 years so am looking forward to being allowed bread at meal times and cooking with olive oil. I have been quite convinced by the arguments for quitting sugar so may aim to be a bit stricter than suggested by no S on this part of it but will play it by ear and ensure I stick to the no s rules first.

I have had no scales for a month or so but have batteries on order so will shortly find out what I weigh which I expect to be quite frightening based on my increased dress size. I like the idea of monthly weighing with daily habitual tracking. I can get quite obsessed with daily weighing though so again will see how I get on. It would be lovely to be back to my size 12 trousers before too many months have gone by.

It feels good to be trying something different. I hope I can do it forever but this does seem unlikely. I hope this diary will keep me accountable. I like the group meetings of slimming world and will miss that but hope to meet some people here instead and it should take up much less time!

Thanks for reading
Last edited by nettee on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:29 pm

Day one nearly complete! I had an early dinner at about 6 as I was very hungry and it fitted in well. Being hungry motivated me to have some salad with my pasta which I may not have done last week. I am not hungry now but the children's leftovers are calling me a bit.

Will come back at bedtime to mark my success on the calender

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Woo hoo! Day 1 - success

I have coloured my green square and am feeling positive. I have a bit of a sugar withdrawal headache. I have been a bit hungry at times and tempted at other times but I got through the day fine.

Tomorrow will be harder as I Am working from home but still in the honeymoon phase so here's hoping it will be ok :)

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:37 am

Congratulations on a successful day. Enjoy the honeymoon phase, and may it just blend into a happy habitual way of living.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 am

I find that keeping busy is a great way to avoid eating. Try to choose work that is not compatible with eating or if that isn't possible make a point to only eat at your table - never, for example, at the computer. Good luck.

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Hello, and thank you for your encouragement. I am still feeling keen and so I got through today absolutely fine. Usually I would be up and down to the cupboard snacking through the day when I work at home but instead I had a big breakfast, Had a big plate of things I fancied for lunch at about 1 and then an early supper again.

Day 2 - Success

:D

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Lookin' good!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:43 pm

I am going to have more temptation tomorrow as I am going to a school event with mince pies and then to a cake shop/cafe. I can just drink tea for both and that is what I am planning.

I will report back tomorrow evening.

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:03 pm

woo hoo! day 3 Success!

I was fine not eating the mince pies and the cake - other people were not eating them as well (I am a one for peer pressure!)

I did get very hungry mid morning today. I wonder if that was because I had toast instead of wheetabix for breakfast. I still had my protein shake to go with it. I had banana and butter on the toast. Will have to keep experimenting.

Lunch was lamb chops and mashed potato and broccoli so I was pretty full after that for most of the afternoon and we had dinner at about 7.30.

Work tomorrow so as long as I pack enough lunch I hope I will be ok again.

I also have now got some batteries in my scales and weighed in just after lunch. It was not as bad as feared. I think I will weigh in again in the morning and maybe the next day and then try to keep the scales out of the way for a month or so. Easier said than done!

Still feeling full of the excitement of a new regime so things are going well. :D

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:36 am

Great job avoiding the cakes and pie! :D
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks Osoniye

Another success day 4

I went out in the early evening tonight and didn't have supper till just after 9. There were nibbles available. I was tempted by the cheese but then I thought that I would have some over the weekend (going away with my friends and there has been talk of cheese). I have had an indian takeaway for supper but just one helping all on one plate including the salad. I now feel full but not stuffed like I sometimes would after a takeaway.

I think the late supper has given me confidence that I don't need to eat at 6.30 every night to cope.

Tomorrow I am going away in the mid afternoon and meeting up some friends for the weekend. We are going to a Thai restaurant for an early supper so can probably get through Friday as an N day. It might become hard but it is only one evening and then the rest of the weekend is S days of course.

I weighed in again this morning before breakfast and might take that as my starting weight as it is a standardised time. I am sure I would have weighed more last Thursday. I was 11st 0.5lb. I will see if I can stay away from the scales maybe after tomorrow morning for a good while and concentrate on my first 21 days of No S.

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Nettee wrote: I was tempted by the cheese but then I thought that I would have some over the weekend (going away with my friends and there has been talk of cheese).
This is how No S works for me - I kind of 'gather' food thoughts up and plan to have them on my S days. I hope you really enjoy your S days this weekend - see you back here on Monday!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

nettee

Post by nettee » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Yes, it did help.

Not sure whether or not to count today as a success. The Thai meal was in two courses and lots of dishes for sharing. I probably did have more than a plate's worth and felt fairly stuffed afterwards. So a fail I suppose for seconds but no sweets or snacks. Don't want a Fred mark on my habit cal :x

Maryjoanna

New beginnings to theNosDiet

Post by Maryjoanna » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:08 pm

I started the Nosdiet on November 25th and enjoy it a lot. I find that because I fill my plate adequately I am not hungry in between meals. So far I have lost 1.8 pounds. It is great not to have to count calories, or be concerned if it is low-cal or not. This is a peaceful diet and for that I am thankful. :D

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:32 pm

S day today.

So far I have had pain au chocolate for breakfast and some crisps as a snack. I had quite a big lunch so haven't been hungry. It is quite a heavy drinking evening as well and there are plans for cheese and gateau later. But it is an S day so no problem :-)

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:07 am

One portion of gateau and quite a lot of late night cheese and crackers.

Quite pleased that I didn't go more crazy.

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:38 am

Sunday went ok. I had around 3 mini flapjacks, some cheese and crackers and the odd grape etc as snacks. N day today - back to it!

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:04 pm

N day today - back to it!

I'm with ya on that 8)

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:06 pm

Day 8 Success

Hooray, a good start to week 2. Headaches and hunger again in the afternoon but nothing that a cup of tea didn't take care of. I had eggs for breakfast instead of my whey protein drink (plus fruit and carbs both weeks). I think they were more filling so probably worth the extra hassle. Quite an early supper again too.

My husband has bought 16 Kit kats again. He did this 2 weeks ago and by the end of Monday I had eaten at least 3. Today I have not given them very much thought. (Although I am now :wink: ). But I think this stricter rules are helping. Can't have just one ( or one more) without marking the day as a failure.

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Success

1st December - Christmas is approaching! Hopefully will be ok with well defined s days.

I had a hard afternoon as dh was working late and I was hungry and headachy. I ate before he got home in the end and also had a spoon more when serving his supper but as I had less than half the portion I am not counting it as a fail, perhaps I should.....

Also foolishly weighed in this morning and was slightly up on the end of last week. Not surprising after two s days but discouraging none the less. I think it is good to pay more attention to days on plan.

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:27 pm

SUCCESS

day 10 :D

only 9 days to go until I reach the end of the first 15 N days which is the first no S target. Would be good to have 3 green and orange weeks on my chart though so I will need to do another week at least until I achieve that.

Today was not that much of a struggle which is nice. I turned down mince pies at a toddler group and didn't pick at the children's chips. My meals were good - a big late of leftovers at lunchtime and lamb chops for supper.

2 days till the next s day - I haven't really got any fantasies of what I might treat myself to yet. Still have some left over cheese for snacking on perhaps. I will be out and about quite a bit - maybe I will go for one mince pie if it is offered at the concert I am going to on Sunday.

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:20 pm

SUCCESS

Day 11

Having said that I did have some tiny nibbles this afternoon but really it was absentminded rather than giving into temptation and they were very tiny indeed so I have let it go.

Supper was not very nice this evening which is very disappointing when it is one of 3 meals a day.

Lots of Christmas chocolates appearing at work - managed to resist all of those 8)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:39 am

Doing great--keep it up!!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

nettee

Post by nettee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:31 pm

day 12 - Success!!!

Hooray - my first full week. I turned down a mince pie today and drank tea in a cafe while the children had crisps and sandwiches. A nice lamb chop sandwich and some cheese and crackers for supper.

Now for a busy weekend of S days :twisted:

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Hmmm - two s days and plenty of snacks and sweets. We had our work Christmas party and I drank a lot. Mince pies and biscuits at various events. Polishing off the children's suppers. Even snacking on celery because I could. It could have been worse. Going for an N day tommorow and the next 4 days after that

:)

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:15 am

Yesterday was a SUCCESS.

I will confess that I seem to have slipped back into my old habit of daily weighing. I gained about 3 lb over the weekend and then lost 1Lb yesterday. I know this is why I should not do it but it is so hard to resist!

It was a slightly stretched N day as I had a small starter at lunch (in a restaurant!) but I could have put the starter on my main course plate so I am counting it :D

Into my third week now so the habits should be embedding. Yesterday did feel quite straight forward which is good.

Another day begins....

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:40 pm

SUCCESS

No issues today - salad, cheese and cold meat and crisps for lunch. Roast for dinner. The left over roast was tempting but I resisted. :)

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:24 am

SUCCESS for yesterday

I had a plate full of take away pizza at a work event last night. This morning I am over a pound down on yesterday morning - got to love No S!

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:29 pm

Success - one day away from my first three weeks of no S

nettee

Post by nettee » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:10 pm

SUCCESS
This is my first three weeks done. It is defiantly getting easier. I had quite a long, tiring and stressful day but have not snacked.

Plan for the next 2 S days.... Maybe up to 5 s events per day? I think there will be the offer of mince pies again this weekend. We will see how it goes.

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:34 am

Saturday morning weigh in - about 1lb down from last week - feeling pleased.

This is around a 2-3 lb loss in the first three weeks of No S.

I have become a daily weigher though which was not my plan. My official monthly weigh in will be sometime next week.

Saturday morning so I have lots of time for breakfast today - I think I will go for some eggs and do a good n day style breakfast to start me off today.

Giada

Post by Giada » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:04 am

Great news re the weight loss Nettee!

Some people weigh, others don't. I'm another of the daily weighers - I simply make a note my weight each day, work out the average for the week... and that's it. Don't ask me what my weight is on any given day - I forget it as soon as I've written it down. I ignore the daily numbers, and as long as the average drops, I'm a happy camper.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:53 pm

You're doing great Nettee! &#127881;&#127881;&#127881;

Keep up the good work & enjoy those S days.

Linda :)

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks guys :) Great idea about the weekly average weight.

I am really pleased with my S day with up to 5 S events. I had 4 really carefully chosen snacks/sweets which I sat down to eat properly and really enjoyed. One in reserve as well. There were other times when I might have had more but I didn't mainly because I was full or didn't fancy it enough to qualify as one of the 5. I think 5 is a good number as it is lots so I don't feel restricted really but it saves me from going completely off the rails. And I can keep count up to 5 in my head.

Roll on tomorrow

Giada

Post by Giada » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:33 am

Nettee wrote:And I can keep count up to 5 in my head.
Oh, thanks for that deep belly laugh!

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Giada wrote:
Nettee wrote:And I can keep count up to 5 in my head.
Oh, thanks for that deep belly laugh!
:oops: :D

Don't think I would remember where I had got to if I was on 14 out of 32 :)

On 1 S so far today

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:38 pm

5 Ss today. A slow start followed by a crescendo of temptation. Also a fair amount of wine this evening.

All round I am very pleased with this weekend and my 5 S mod.

5 more N days and I can join the 21 club :)

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Back to N days and got through today fine. SUCCESS I did have supper before dh got home but he was late and I was hungry. :)

I do agree that 'hunger is the best sauce' and I am really enjoying my meals. Also being properly hungry makes me want to eat healthy food like salad or veg more that if I have taken the edge off by grazing.
Last edited by nettee on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giada

Post by Giada » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:45 am

Nettee, what a lovely string of greens you've amassed. Best of all, you have 2x5 Ss waiting to celebrate with! Well done!

(We need some happy dancing smilies for you.)

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:45 pm

SUCCESS today :D

This is day 17 straight now. I was out for a Christmas meal. Another small starter to confess but again it would have gone on my main plate.

natj

Post by natj » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:12 am

Great job- keep it going!!!

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Failure :oops:

Big style with an apple pie in McDonald's. Kept on snacking after as well. This is another down side of pass/ fail once you lose it there is less motivation to get back on the wagon that day.

Oh well - a better day tomorrow???

natj

Post by natj » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:23 am

Nettee,

I hear you on the WTH factor- once you fall off, it's hard to get back on that day. However, you should be able to pick back up again tomorrow, no problem. Good luck!

Giada

Post by Giada » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:38 am

Nettee, there's a ladder at the back of the wagon - dust yourself off and scramble back on again. We're here for you.

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:40 am

Thanks guys. I hope you are right. Supper last night was not as good as I have got used to now as I just wasn't hungry. It is a habit worth sticking to.

nettee

Post by nettee » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:51 am

Oh dear another FAILURE

Not so bad yesterday - just seconds/snacking related to a late supper. Both days it has been started by me being offered something for free. Need to learn to say no thank you :)

Out Christmas shopping today, then a carol service with mince pies and a cinema trip to Star Wars. Lots of opportunity to practice my no thank you!

nettee

Post by nettee » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:48 pm

SUCCESS

Back on the case :-). Today went very smoothly. Back to S days tomorrow but do I deserve them? This diet is more complicated than it looks.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:16 pm

It's not complicated but of course can be tweaked to be complicated. You always "deserve" an S day. That's why we always say "mark it (red day) and move on". You just pick up where you left off. Trying to punish yourself for past mistakes will just most likely backfire on you.

Instead focus on what you learned from those red days. Did it feel better to have a green day? Can you make a plan for problems that keep slipping you up? If you hate saying no to offerings can you wrap it for later like rawcookie does?

Whatever you do, be kind to yourself. It's hard to get those habits in place but once you do, it'll be hard to break them.

Gl
Linda

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:37 pm

Thanks Linda

A 4 S day today. Shouldn't have bothered with no 4 but all round not too bad.

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:11 pm

3-4 Ss today. The 4th was one piece of sweet pepper from a salad so hardly worth counting 8)

3 N days ahead before I start Christmas a day early.

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:01 pm

SUCCESS

Mostly a straight forward N day. Tempted by my daughter's ice cream but resisted (apart from a lick which I am not counting :P )

Pass/ fail is tricky. If I had counted my luck of ice cream as a fail then I would have had more so I think I did the right thing......

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:59 pm

SUCCESS

Last day at work before Christmas! Straight forward N day. Supper was a little late and I was ready for it but waited without too much temptation.

Go again tomorrow :)

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:11 am

Today is a calendar month from my first N day and time for an official weigh in. My first weigh in was a few days into the system at 11st 0.5 lb. Today I am weighing 10st 11.75 lb so 2 3/4 lb off so far. Not spectacular but going in the right direction. :D

wahine

Post by wahine » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:41 am

Well done for the full month!

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:51 pm

Nearly at the end of 4 S days in row. I was quite ill on Christmas day sadly so didn't eat that much then but made up for it on Christmas Eve and Boxing day. today has been a bit better. Quite looking forward to getting back on the case tomorrow with an N day to see if I still can. It seems ages ago that I last had much in the way of self control......
3 tasty meals a day and loving it

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Success

Hooray - fell back into it quite easily today. I got a fit bit for Christmas and am also tracking 10,000 steps per day. Two successes to report for that too. :D

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:38 pm

well done!

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Success :D

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:35 pm

Success

Straight forward day. Tomorrow might be more challenging knowing that I am having an S evening. I think I will have my three meals before the party and no Ss till I get there.

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:27 am

My New Years Eve plan went well. In fact I avoided the puddings and had one small hog ready roll at the party. I took a relaxed S day yesterday and we put on a three course meal. Two WS days now. I will go for the up to 5 S approach again.

Happy New Year all - hears to a healthy and moderate 2016

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:27 am

My New Years Eve plan went well. In fact I avoided the puddings and had one small hog roast roll at the party. I took a relaxed S day yesterday and we put on a three course meal. Two WS days now. I will go for the up to 5 S approach again.

Happy New Year all - here's to a healthy and moderate 2016.
Last edited by nettee on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:36 am

I am pleased with Saturday. Only one S event at tea with the neighbours when they offered cake. On the downside it wasn't my favourite so perhaps a missed opportunity to treat myself but polite anyway. Out to lunch today so probably pudding to be had then.

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:04 pm

:roll: Oh dear - only a No S-er would understand your disappointment there! Actually, since starting No S, I've even made mistakes myself - buying something I thought I'd enjoy, which was actually disappointing. I'm guessing your didn't have Seconds though :wink:

Happy New Year!

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:28 am

Happy New Year Rawcookie - yes a very no S specific problem :-).

Sunday went well with three S events - and much tastier ones too!

First 5 day N week in a while starts today. If I make it through this week then can I claim my 21 days given all the NWS days I have taken over Christmad do you think?

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:54 pm

Success

I think I am getting used to no S now. There was temptation in my way but I was fine. Fitbit was out of batteries so I don't know about steps but don't feel I have done less than usual.

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:53 pm

Success

No S and steps no problem. I weighed myself this morning and was up at my starting weight. Need to ignore and stick to my monthly weigh in as it was just Christmas after all and it was early in the week and a tricky time in the month I think. Hard to see that though and keep going.... Easy to start thinking that the diet doesn't work or that I need to further restrict what I am eating on N and/or S days.

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Success

Feeling quite full after a probably too big supper - all fitted on the plate though!

I have been reading up on Shovelglove and am giving it some consideration...

I think I should up my step goal as I think my fit bit is a bit generous and I reach 10,000 steps every day with out really trying.

Giada

Post by Giada » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:48 am

10 000 steps without trying is great, Nettee! There are ways of calibrating a Fitbit - I don't have one, so can't really help you there. But the all-knowing Mr Google will :wink:.

SG is great fun - and really makes you sweat. If you can, swing a few around before you decide on a weight. My first one was a 12 pounder (I'm pretty strong for a 'girl'), but it was stolen, and the only ones the co-op had in stock when I went there was a 20 pounder and a 7 pounder. The lighter one works well. There's a lot of info in the SG threads - I think one member here started out with a broom, because that was what she had, and somebody else used a cast-iron frying pan. Necessity, mother of invention.

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Thanks Glada. I live on a farm so have found a well used and rusty sledge hammer in the barn. Very authentic! I weighed it and it is 11.5 lb. I did 4 minutes this morning as it was my first attempt and I didn't get up early enough. I did 10 on each side of the basic moves a few times each. My back did feel it a bit afterwards. I do wonder about warm up and cool down which is always so important in most exercise regimes.

No S - Success

Giada

Post by Giada » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:15 am

Your rusty sledgehammer sounds so much more appealing than a brand-new storebought one, Nettee!

I can't remember Reinhard saying anything about warming up/cooling down; but why not see that as part of your 14 minutes?

Just noticed your sigline - well done on the weight loss!

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:18 pm

I did 5 minutes with a skillet yesterday. Was probably better for my back and I got some music going. I think I will play around with it and build up to the 14 minutes before I start a habitcat. Yesterday was also a Success for No S.

I was thinking that, unlike slimming world where I have always needed more support as the weeks go on and I lose motivation, with No S I am needing less as it is gradually clicking into habit. It is silly though how I allow S days to slide despite all that. I have had no sweets today but seconds at lunch and then a drip drip of snacks until supper.

Tomorrow is pizza hut for lunch which will be fine as I will have a 500 cal pizza and some salad and not finish the children's dinners. We are then going to the pantomime and I will treat myself to an interval ice cream - yum! See if I can have that as my only S tomorrow.....

Thanks for noticing my weight loss :D I am not quite back down to that yet again after Christmas but hoping I will have got a little bit below by the time of my next official weigh in. This is a bit of a slow weight loss program but it is working.

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Just the ice cream today until just now (10pm :oops: ) when I have had a snack of cheese and a cracker. Not a bad S day.

5 N days ahead......

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Monday - Success and 6 min shovel glove

Tuesday - so far so good. No shovel glove though.

I have enjoyed some big meals including a roast last night. new sort of sandwich for lunch. all good.

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Success

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Wednesday Success

today, so far so good. Even resisted a scone under peer pressure. :D

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Success

This feels like a successful diet partly because I have not done it before and fallen off the wagon. When I go back to an old diet it feels hopeless as I know I have been there, done that and regained the weight. In my mind a success is when someone has mostly stuck with a plan for 2 years. Lost the weight and then maintained. There are some people like this at slimming world but lots more strugglers and restarters like I was.

I do hope that this is going to be my lifestyle change success story

CDee

Post by CDee » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:19 am

I know how you feel. I hope this will be a lifelong plan for me too.
Best wishes on your journey.
I believe I can do this!

Starting at a size 14 (Jan. 2016)
Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:46 am

thank you

Success for yesterday

I did have an indian takeaway and perhaps pushed the no seconds rule slightly but had I not been on No S I would have just gone ahead with a whole other plateful whereas this was just putting the naan on top - I suppose using my eyes to see that it was quite a big portion I was having :oops:

Anyway despite all that the scales are still down on yesterday morning slightly - got to love No S!

Out today for lunch and Dinner - yum so a proper S day ahead. My 10,000 steps are going to plan but shovelglove less so. Maybe I need to move the timing from monrning to evening - 14 minutes is not long but I do seem to fill my days....

nettee

Post by nettee » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:47 pm

I had had a varied S weekend. Lots of things I wasn't tempted by that I usually would have been. (chocolate at the petrol station, biscuits and chocolates at 11am with tea, pudding in the pub). I had a slice of cake yesterday afternoon which was fine but this evening I went a bit mad on some custard creams. Probably had around 5. A few other snacky nibbles throughout the day.

Anyway, can't fail on an S day and back to Ns tomorrow.

I have lost my fitbit too. It has been found but is still far away so I won't have it for a good few days or weeks.

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:30 pm

Success

back in the swing of it. Not tempted in mini tescos on the way home from work, No biscuits at work, 3 meals, done. I have got my No S mug all the way from America! I think it was made in the Czech Republic so it has been across the Atlantic twice.

No idea about exercise today, still missing my fitbit and didn't get the shovel glove out.

4 more N days to join the 21 day club.

natj

Post by natj » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:58 am

Wow- I'm so impressed to see all of your success. You can do the 4 more days!!!!! I'm rooting for you!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:18 am

Heck yeah, you can do four more days ! You are doing great, so proud of you.
Berry

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:46 am

You've got this!
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:59 pm

aww, thanks guys - lovely to have the support :D

Success

I have become less scared of smaller meals - I think the theory that you body can be trained to expect food at certain times is spot on. I used to think that I needed to eat something at 4 pm to keep me going but I was just used to getting something at that time. Having said that I did have big sugar cravings this afternoon - comes of eating all those custard creams on Sunday afternoon.

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Success for Wednesday and Thursday :D

Planning a rasberry magnum for the weekend.....

CDee

Post by CDee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:53 am

Curious...what is a raspberry magnum?
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:55 am

Me, too. Sounds yummy. Is it a drink?
Berry

nettee

Post by nettee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:52 am

http://www.mymagnum.co.uk/products/

A luxury choc ice on a stick. Thick chocolate made to look pink with rasberry ripple ice cream in the middle -- yum

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:51 pm

yeah - yum :D
Berry

CDee

Post by CDee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:56 pm

They look delicious!
I went to the US website and it looks like they don't sell the raspberry one here. But you have given me a nice option for my S Day treat. I think one of these would work quite nicely.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

nettee

Post by nettee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Success

Hooray I have made it to 21 days with no red or NWS days 8)

Now I just need to think of something to post on the 21 day thread.....

Was quite headachy today but there has been flu going round so I think it is more that than what I am eating. Avoided cake and childrens leftovers and had freekah with spicy chicken and feta for supper - so good.

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:05 am

It is my official monthly weigh in this morning. I am pleased to report that I have lost another 2.75 lb so a total of 5.5 lb and am weighing 10st 9lb this morning.

Now I need some new goals. A completely green and yellow January would be a good start. Only 5 green days away....

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Success

Back on the plan after a slow slide into permasnacking over the weekend. It is strange I wake up on Saturday morning thinking I don't want any Ss and by the end of the weekend I am raiding the cupboards. Probably to do with sugar cravings working their way back in.

A big supper of freezer food and chips this evening. Lots of calories but I am sure less than yesterday as it was on one plate :)

wahine

Post by wahine » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:49 am

Hey congrats on the 21 days and the weight loss. I know what you mean about the permasnacking on the weekend. I am told it helps to plan really nice food for the weekend as more fun than standing up by the cupboard. But I am still doing the same as you.
Kate

nettee

Post by nettee » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:52 pm

I did fine all through last week until Friday evening when I lost it. A repeat again this evening. I think not posting everyday has been a part of it. I am getting overconfident. Try again tomorrow :D

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:00 pm

Success

Serious resisting of temptation this evening but I wanted my green square :)

nettee

Post by nettee » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:53 am

Failure for Wednesday

Not catastrophic though- just picking at the children's early dinner

Here I go again for a successful day today l

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:46 am

Serious resisting of temptation this evening but I wanted my green square
I'm not using Habit Cal but I sure like my Green Xs on my own chart.

That "green" reward is powerful!

nettee

Post by nettee » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:18 pm

Success for today and yesterday :D

Success

First time in over a month. Really pleased to be back on the case. I have put on a scary amount of weight in the last month though :oops:

Disappointed that this diet is like all the others and I have fallen of the wagon so badly but the main thing is drawing a line and starting again.

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Success

Day 3 :D

It hasn't been too difficult either. It is like a switch in my brain flicking from "don't care" to "going to make this happen"

The scales are responding too :D :D