CDee is checking in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CDee

CDee is checking in

Post by CDee » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi, I guess I can add my name to the list of people who decide to lose weight at the beginning of a new year. Actually I have been trying since November. I have been following a very low carb diet. It has been great for carb cravings but not so great for sustaining.

I decided I need to moderate the amount of carbs I eat, but not so low that it is not pratical for my lifestyle. In comes No S. I believe that this will help relax the boundaries a bit without allowing me to go overboard.

I have been reading up on moderation. I think No S and moderate carbs will mesh nicely.

Do you moderate your carb intake?

wahine

Post by wahine » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi CDee, I am quite new here, but I do find that meals with a good amount of protein are better at carrying me from one meal all the way through to the next. Also I feel much better with meals with chickpeas/beans/lentils than I would with white toast and jam for example. But if my family cook me pasta for dinner I definitely eat it!

The good thing about this system is it fits in with lots of different ways of eating. But what I am hearing is it works best long term if we don't add too many extra rules.

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:21 am

Thanks Wahine for chiming in. I feel the same way about protein with meals.

I think you are right about not adding extra rules. Would choosing moderate amounts of carbs be an extra rule? I don't want to over complicate this.

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:21 am

Week One (Jan 4, 2016)

Monday FAIL
Tuesday SUCCESS
Wednesday SUCCESS
Thursday SUCCESS
Friday SUCCESS
Last edited by CDee on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

wahine

Post by wahine » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:23 am

Ah well. Probably helpful to try and work out how to prevent tomorrow? Just keep swimming 8)
Kate

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Good for you for checking in and posting, CDee.

CDee

Post by CDee » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:30 am

Thanks Wahine and Queenie for the encouragement. I did do better today!

CDee

Post by CDee » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:52 am

As I was going through my day it was interesting to note how many times I thought about eating something....anything. I never paid attention to how often I was popping candy or some other food into my mouth. Very eye opening.

CDee

Post by CDee » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:53 am

It is hard trying to let go of the "bad" food list. I am retraining my mind to just see carbohydrates as carbohydrates. I eat a moderate amount of which ever ones happen to be a part of my meal. No counting or tracking...I just eat a reasonable portion.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:57 am

I feel the same way about eating "bad" foods on an N day. I have to give myself a little talking-to. : )

But I find that I usually only have them for one meal, if that.

wahine

Post by wahine » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:53 am

I have been having the same experience - realising just how often I usually eat. Sometimes this week things are in my mouth before I have even consciously registered what I'm doing. I have had to spit things out a few times!

I know what you mean about the bad foods as well. But I am really enjoying the freedom to try different recipes for mealtimes.
Kate

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:13 pm

Wahine wrote: I have had to spit things out a few times!
Bravo, Kate!

CDee

Post by CDee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:26 am

Wahine wrote:I have been having the same experience - realising just how often I usually eat. Sometimes this week things are in my mouth before I have even consciously registered what I'm doing. I have had to spit things out a few times!

I know what you mean about the bad foods as well. But I am really enjoying the freedom to try different recipes for mealtimes.
Yes, the freedom I have had this week is amazing. I feel I can sustain this much better than the rigid very low-carb diet I was trying to follow.

CDee

Post by CDee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:32 am

I can't believe I will be having my first S day tomorrow. I had one fail this week on Monday. The rest of the week was nice. I learned some things to do and not to do. I enjoyed all my meals. I didn't restrict what kinds of foods I ate (except sweets of course) just how much and how often I ate. I even made it past the dreaded 3:00-I-need-a-pick-me-up hour. I admit though that I did chew gum to get me through it. I hope that isn't cheating.

I am wondering how I will handle the S day. Will I go hog wild? Will I have restraint? Will I try to eat 5 different sweets? Will one sweet be enough? Can I eat a reasonable portion of a sweet without wanting more and more? There is some fear about tomorrow. But it is an Sday, so Iwill remind myself that there is no failure, just learning.
I believe I can do this!

Starting at a size 14 (Jan. 2016)
Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:01 am

My first Sday...well it was....interesting.

I didn't go hog wild, but I did eat more than a reasonable portion of sweets. I made rice krispy treats with my little boys. I had a good amount of them. I did stop once I started to feel icky. I realized afterward that they really aren't the kind of sweets I enjoy. It made me ponder the idea of qualifying sweets. Is it worth it to eat something mediocre just because it's there? Or should I wait to eat sweets that really satisfy me? What sweets really do satisfy me? Instead of planning for a sweet, should I just allow them to occur naturally if they happen to be a part of a given S day? That is what I will think about tonight. I am probaby overthinking it, but I tend to do that.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:38 am

You're doing great and it's normal to think about those S days a lot. In the beginning I really needed them to be a little crazy. I didn't always enjoy all that eating but it got me through the N days. In fact I looked forward to my N days.

Now a year and a half later or so I really have no desire to have wild S days. Took me long enough but now I want my S days to look much more like my N days with a few planned treats thrown in there if I'm really craving them or if I'm going out to dinner or something but I like to be open to the idea that I could have an S day without any treats or snacks. It doesn't panic me like it used to.

That's a long way of saying you're S days will be sane & satisfying at some point. When you are ready. That is key.

Best of luck
Linda
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

CDee

Post by CDee » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Lpearlmom, I tried really hard not to spank myself for overeating the sweets. I have to trust that it will get clamer. I have read through many journals on this board and see that most people do clam down after some time.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Last edited by CDee on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:57 pm

I agree, don't beat yourself up about a bit of S Day Girl Gone Wildness :D

I, and many others, quickly learned that two days of free for all would undo a week of hard work. Reinhard certainly doesn't advocate going wild on the S Days but I have read many, many posts over the years where people literally stay up until midnight on Friday so they can start their Saturday gobbling.

Better to moderate all seven days is how I approach it. Should a treat or something be a part of a given day, I eat it. Regardless the day of the week. However, the harder I work to eat "clean", the less treats seem to present themselves.

You are doing fine, stay the course.
Berry

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:03 am

Week Two (Jan. 11)

Monday SUCCESS
Tuesday SUCCESS
Wednesday SUCCESS
Thursday FAILED
Friday FAILED
Last edited by CDee on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:05 am

I honestly was afraid of what would happen today. I thought I would not be able to go back to the N day routine after two days of eating too many sweets. I actually had no trouble at all. Amazing! In the past those two days surely would have carried on for another 3 or 4 days.

I had a great Monday!

I think I like the No S Diet!
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:53 am

Yay great job!&#128525;

wahine

Post by wahine » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:25 am

It can be kind of a relief to get back to N days can't it? I think the NoS is sustainable long term, because of the S days. Looking at the forums, it seems like the number one reason people actually fail is they decide to go on a different, maybe faster, diet instead. Not that they fall off the wagon on this one.

There's a big difference between a planned, time limited break and thinking that the rules are broken anyway, so might as well continue the bender for a few more days. I'm just saying that I am having the same experience, that getting back to the N days is surprisingly easy.
Kate

CDee

Post by CDee » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:15 am

If you drink a hot drink after dinner (tea or cocoa), does it count as seconds or a snack?
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:11 am

CDee wrote:If you drink a hot drink after dinner (tea or cocoa), does it count as seconds or a snack?
Nope, totally allowable, and a strategy many use to avoid snacking. (Just make sure the sugar is a teasp or so, so it's not actually a sweet!)
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

CDee

Post by CDee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:28 am

osoniye wrote:
CDee wrote:If you drink a hot drink after dinner (tea or cocoa), does it count as seconds or a snack?
Nope, totally allowable, and a strategy many use to avoid snacking. (Just make sure the sugar is a teasp or so, so it's not actually a sweet!)
Thanks. Whew!
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:28 am

A hot chocolate drink in the evening is my emotional fall-back technique on N days. I don't often need it - but it's nice to know I can have it when I do!
:D
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

CDee

Post by CDee » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:17 am

I had a green streak going, but today was a failure :oops: . It wasn't a huge failure. I have done worse in the past, but I could have made a better choice.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:13 am

I had another failed day. I have to ask myself why. Why did I fail today and yesterday? I will be considering this over the weekend.

The weekend...more S-days. I should be excited, but I feel nervous and guilty. I know I have been thinking of ice cream today. I know I would love to have some tomorrow. But I already imagine myself eating the whole pint and I am not sure I can bring myself to buy it tomorrow. *sigh*
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:57 am

Hmm. I've already bought a pint of ice cream for this weekend. Not only do I fully expect to eat the whole thing, I expect to eat it all in one sitting.

I'm looking forward to it.

You had 3 green days and 2 failed days -- and if I'm reading your posts right, these were small fails, not a total off-plan day.

Could it just be a matter of getting the hang of things? Most folks aren't perfect from the get-go when taking on a new plan.

Admittedly I've had an easy time of it but I have no kids and no spouse and (these past two weeks) I've done no socializing. There's no comparison.

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:55 am

Hi CDee, sounds like you are doing well. There are bound to be some red days but get back on the case on the next N day and it will get easier. That is one of the things I am loving about No S - it is getting easier as I go on rather than harder.

re the low carb thing. There is only so much you can have in three meals especially if you are having protein and veg as well. I am loving being able to have bread with meals - in the past I would have then gone on to finish the loaf as I like bread so much! My old slimming world habits make me aim for 1/3 carb, 1/3 protein and 1/3 fruit or vegetable on the plate. (now I can have some butter too!). I admit my weight loss on No S is slow but I think that I can stick to it (hopefully even once it is for maintenance) and that is much more important.

Have a good S weekend
3 tasty meals a day and loving it

nettee

Post by nettee » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:57 am

Could you buy a single portion of ice cream from a newsagent for your S?

CDee

Post by CDee » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:19 am

I did not get that ice cream. :cry: I probably should have.

I did have another treat today. I enjoyed eating it, but I did not enjoy how I felt a hour or so afterward. I don't do well with too much sugar.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:32 am

Day 14 Sday

B: smoked sausage link, 1 scrambled egg with cheese, hasbrowns, coffee, cream

L: tossed salad, ranch dressing, oven fried chicken wings

S: 1 sugar cookie, a whole mess of cashews, coffee, cream, 1/2 slice buttered bread

Didn't want anything else after that.

I compared how I felt today with how I felt yesterday. I had a whole lot more sugar and starches yesterday. I felt horrible yesterday...grouchy, sluggish, unmotivated.

I will not give up sugar. I will not demonize it. However, I realize I feel better with less of it. I will have to balance out my sweets with something that is just as satisfying, but it can't turn me into a carb-zombie. This will have to be a mod...I guess. It's not fair to my family or me to feel the way I did yesterday. I found that the cookie paired with the cashews and coffee was very enjoyable. The coffee slowed me down. The cashews had that crunch/texture I like to have for dessert. I will try something similar next weekend and see how I feel.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:30 pm

I have been using the HabitCal since starting on Jan. 4. Right now I track my No S compliance (of course), and I also track my fitness...which is not so great. I have to get a better plan for that. Today I am going to add another category. I have been enjoying the freedom that my N days offer. I love not having to count or track things, but I still have this tendency every now and then to look around the internet for nutritional information and to find diet blogs and such. I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to know how much protien or carbohydrate or calories is in a particular food. I don't want to be tempted to try other programs or add in unnecessary restrictions. So my goal is to give up all nutrition calculater/data and all diet websites.

If someone asks me "How many calories do you eat?" I want to honestly say, "I don't know."
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:26 am

Day 15
FAILED

I jumped into some greek yogurt at 4:00. I had an extra serving of mac-n-cheese at dinner. :(

Where are my green days? Come back to me!
Last edited by CDee on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:38 am

Is it fair to suggest that this "failed" day is still better than a "normal" day before starting No-S?

Progress, progress.

natj

Post by natj » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:55 am

Green days will come back again soon- hopefully tomorrow?

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:32 am

Queenie wrote:Is it fair to suggest that this "failed" day is still better than a "normal" day before starting No-S?

Progress, progress.
Yes! You have no idea!
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:33 am

natj wrote:Green days will come back again soon- hopefully tomorrow?

Yes, I just have to give myself a motivational speech.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:05 am

Day 16

SUCCESS (Yay for green!)

No Diet Websites also was a sucess today. I am going to starve the diet monster inside of me.
Last edited by CDee on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

wahine

Post by wahine » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:24 am

Hurray!
Kate

CDee

Post by CDee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:51 am

Day 17
FAILED

No Diet Websites: SUCCESS
I am going to starve the diet monster inside of me. (I want to remind myself of this everyday!)
Last edited by CDee on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:07 am

Day 18
SUCCESS

No Diet Websites (NDW): SUCCESS

I have found my go to breakfast. I have been toying around with foods and portions trying to find a quick meal that would hold me until lunch time. I think I have found one.

It is an open-faced bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on sprouted grain bread. I eat this along with 1/4 cup of blueberries and a dollop of sour cream. Very delicious and filling.

I am going to do the same testing for another breakfast and at least 2 lunches also. I want a few meals that I don't have to think about at all.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:29 am

Yay for your successes!

And I hear you about the go-to breakfast. I've come up with something that works well for me, too.

nettee

Post by nettee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:19 pm

Breakfast sounds good. Having some regular, easy filling ideas is so helpful.

CDee

Post by CDee » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:57 am

Day 19
SUCCESS

NDW: SUCCESS

Today was tough because I was home with the little ones. They had a snow day. I had a thought to make this an S day as in snow day. But I didn't. When they had their cookies at snack time I drank a cup of coffee. I will have my cookies tomorrow.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:23 am

Day 20
S-day

B: slice of french toast, bacon
L: oven fried chicken wings, tossed salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, ranch)
S: 2 chocolate chip cookes, cashews, coffee, cream

Going to have a glass of milk before bed tonight. I am hungry but not hungry enough for a full meal.

NDW: SUCESS (I am going to starve the diet monster inside of me)

As I approach week 3 of the program (hard to believe), I am going to set some new goals.

1. I want to be a part of that 21 Day Club

2. I want to start being more dilegent about exercise. I love the website PurelyTwins. They have great total body workouts. I am going to aim for two of their workouts each week. Probably Monday and Thursday. (I will consider more days later on).

3. While I love the idea of being an urban ranger, it is not something I can do with my family's schedule and also because of where we live. So, I am going to strap on my iPod each day and use the pedometer setting. I don't think 10,000 steps is possible. For now I will aim for 2,500 steps each day. If I get more that will be great.

I think these are all modest and doable goals.
Last edited by CDee on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:09 pm

One more diet book!

I have done well staying away from dieting websites and books. I want to focus on this program without being swayed toward other plans. This is a huge deal for me.

But today I had to buy one more diet book for my Kindle.

The No S Diet.

I have been following the information on the podcasts and here on this board. I figured it was time I thank Mr. Engels by buying the book.

I really like this plan. I am hoping and praying to God that I can be successful with this for the rest of my life.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:24 pm

CDee wrote:Day 19
Today was tough because I was home with the little ones. They had a snow day. I had a thought to make this an S day as in snow day. But I didn't. When they had their cookies at snack time I drank a cup of coffee. I will have my cookies tomorrow.
That was a super-duper SUCCESS - a true No S-er! Well done!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

CDee

Post by CDee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:48 am

RAWCOOKIE wrote:
That was a super-duper SUCCESS - a true No S-er! Well done!
Thanks! I think I like being called a No S-er! :)
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:53 am

Day 21
S Day

B: hasbrowns, egg with cheese, smoked sausage
S: doritoes
L: leftover oven fried wings, sweet potato with brown sugar
S: sweet iced coffee, cashews

NDW: SUCCESS
STEPS: I surprised myself. I actually took just under 3,000 steps today without really trying. I think I underestimated my starting goal. This was a fairly lazy day with lots of sitting. I think that if I put some effort into it I can actually get 5,000 steps a day (for starters).

It was a good day. I enjoyed my snacks and my coffee treat. No guilt. No shame. No negotiating. Just choosing and eating. :D

Tomorrow I start my total body workout (goal is 2x weekly). I also want to go for the 21 Day Club. So I am mentally preparing myself to get that first green square.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:35 am

Day 22
FAILED

I will try for that green square tomorrow.

I didn't visit any diet websites today!
I took 5,492 steps today!
I did my short workout for upper body today!

I am considering changing my exercise goals from 2x weekly to alternating upper and lower body each day. These would be short workouts. I will see how I feel tomorrow.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Giada

Post by Giada » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:58 am

CDee, I like your idea of alternating upper/lower body work-outs: that way you work out every day, but upper/lower gets a 'rest' day of sorts.

Green is such a nice colour: hope you get one today.

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Day 23

FAILED

Today was really bad. :(
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:14 am

I'm so sorry! Tomorrow's a new day!

wahine

Post by wahine » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:09 am

Hope today is going better. Would it help to work on each S one at a time? Like start with no seconds or something like that? I think that is suggested in one of the podcasts.
Kate

CDee

Post by CDee » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:32 am

Day 24
SUCCESS

Thanks for the concern ladies!

Today was much better.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

wahine

Post by wahine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:52 am

Yay! :)
Kate

CDee

Post by CDee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:08 am

Day 25
SUCCESS
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:57 am

Day 26
SUCCESS
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Look at you, with a rock-solid rest of the week. Nice!!!

CDee

Post by CDee » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks for stopping by, Queenie :)

Day 27

S day

Had some yummy gelato and a Payday (not at the same time..LOL)

It's been a good day.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:08 am

Day 28

S Day

Enjoyed every bite :D
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:14 am

Day 29
FAILED

I seem to struggle on Mondays.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:36 pm

CDee wrote:
I seem to struggle on Mondays.
And you seem to get on track as the week goes on.

Glad you're here, CDee.

Queenie

CDee

Post by CDee » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:02 am

Day 30

SUCCESS

Yes, Queenie you are correct.

I am finding that by dinner time I really don't want much. I sort of lose my appetite for meat by then. I am not sure what that is about. I guess maybe a smallish dinner might be in order. If I just try to eat a something starchy I have a hard time stopping. So this is something I must work out.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 am

Day 31
SUCCESS
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:54 am

Nice to see your week progressing.

wahine

Post by wahine » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:46 am

Going well!
Kate

CDee

Post by CDee » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:09 am

Thanks for cheering me on!

Day 32 (Thursaday)
SUCCESS

Very stressful and emotional day, but I held on to the plan. It was hard though.

Day 33 (Friday)
My first special day since starting No S. My little guy turned 4 today. I enjoyed sprinkled cupcakes with him and the family. It was worth it. :D

I actually like having Friday as an Sday. I have thought about switching to a Friday/Saturday pattern. I didn't want to tweek too soon. But I might give it a go.

FITNESS UPDATE
I didn't mention this because I have been so undecided about my fitness plan, but I was researching and came across the TTapp boards. I ordered the book and have been using it since Monday. I think I like it. I will see if it feels right for me as the days go by. I will not do something that I can't see myself doin for the next 10 years.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:14 am

Thanks for stopping by my thread. You are doing terrific! Your son's bday is definitely an S day. Glad you enjoyed it.

I agree don't start anything you don't want to do long term. I'm still trying to find my fitness groove. :/

Enjoy your weekend!

Linda

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:32 am

Happy Birthday to your little guy! Such a fun age :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

CDee

Post by CDee » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:16 am

I love this age, Merry. Children still get so excited about learning when they are young.

Day 34
S Day

Ate a candy bar and another cupcake. Really didn't want them. I really wanted ice cream. I could have kicked myself for not buying it when I was in the store. Oh, well, I will know what to do next week.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:20 am

Happy Birthday to your son. :)

I read that you are just starting T-Tapp. I am interested in that too, but have not purchased anything yet. I did a few of the youtube videos today. Let us know when you have an update on T-Tapp. :)

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:38 am

Thanks Kitty! I will be sure to let you know what I think of TTapp. Right now I am just doing the 15 minute workout each day until I complete the 14 day bootcamp. I will assess things afterward.

Day 36
SUCCESS
Finally a successful Monday. I think I was all cupcaked out after this weekend.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:35 am

Great job! I'm really going to try to stick to 14 mins/day of exercise for my phase 2. I'm hoping it'll help move things along plus I just always feel better in general when I'm exercising.

I hope you continue to have a great week!

Linda

CDee

Post by CDee » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:50 am

Day 37
FAILED

:roll:
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:11 am

Ah, well. At least you broke the Monday pattern.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

wahine

Post by wahine » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:56 am

But you posted so we know you're still thinking about it. I hope tomorrow goes well.
Kate

CDee

Post by CDee » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:10 am

Day 38

Another FAIL

I know what the problem is....I am so stressed. I am just worrying about everyday things in my life. :(

But I haven't started diet hopping. Even though I feel that I am the same weight as when I started No S (I am afraid to get on the scale...really), I have not gone back to searching the internet for other diets and miracle foods. That is a victory.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:05 pm

Hang in there! One green day and you will feel so much better. May I add that if you do buckle down and get a green day, much of your stress will be taken away? I know that when I'm having a hard time with food, the other stresses in my life seem 100000X worse.

You can do this, I know it!!!!!!!

CDee

Post by CDee » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:38 am

Thanks Kittson :) You are right.

Sadly, I FAILED on Thursday and Friday. This was probably my worst week since starting No S. Well, no guilt for the weekends! I have to just keep walking forward.

Wel,l yesterday was day 40.

I did step on the scale. I had to talk myself into it. I didn't lose weight. I gained 4 pounds. :shock:

:shock:

Also, I decided to give up on the idea of making Friday an S Day for now. I think that if I start changing things I will begin to give myself permission for things that will not help me. Plain ole No S should be fine for now.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:42 am

CDee wrote:... No S should be fine for now.
Plain ol' NoS is a good thing! I hope you really enjoy your weekend. Don't let the weight gain get you down... the habit is the important thing in the beginning.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

CDee

Post by CDee » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:25 pm

Another FAILED day.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:38 am

SUCCESS!!!! Finally!!!!!! :D
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 am

Yay for success! Sorry about weight gain but don't judge the effectiveness of NoS till your compliance is better. I pretty much always Lose at least a little bit on the weeks I'm 100% compliant and that tells me a lot.

Just keep practicing those habits and you'll get there!

Linda

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:37 am

Week Eight

Monday SUCCESS
Tuesday SUCCESS
Wednesday FAIL
Thursday FAIL
Friday SDAY - I was invited to a get together after work with some co-workers. I had fun!
Last edited by CDee on Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:00 pm

Nice week unrolling here with Success days.

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:00 am

Week Nine

Monday SUCCESS
Tuesday SUCCESS
Wednesday FAIL
Thursday SUCCESS
Friday SUCESS
Last edited by CDee on Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:43 am

You're right back on track.

CDee

Post by CDee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:12 am

Queenie wrote:You're right back on track.
Thank you for the cheer!

I am trying to work on changing my thinking. I am hoping this will help me acheive and all green week.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:10 am

Changing our thinking makes ALL the difference.

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:43 am

Week Ten

MONDAY SUCCESS
TUESDAY SUCCES
WEDNESDAY FAIL
THURSDAY SUCCESS
FRIDAY SUCCESS
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:27 pm

WEEK ELEVEN

MONDAY FAIL
TUESDAY SUCCESS
WEDNESDAY FAIL
THURSDAY SUCCESS
FRIDAY FAIL
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:10 am

WEEK TWELVE

MONDAY SUCCESS
TUESDAY FAIL
WEDNESDAY FAIL
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

CDee

Post by CDee » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:22 am

I am still trying to get into that 21 Day club. Doesn't seem like it's going to happen.
I believe I can do this!

Current size is 14
Goal is a size 8

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Haven't read all your posts but am jumping in.

I humbly suggest if you haven't already, start compiling two lists: one of the things you really dislike about overeating, and what you think you will like about eating moderately, especially non-weight loss ones. Give yourself several days to do this.

Then start reading the one that seems the most compelling on a daily basis. I carried the benefits list with and read it often for months and months. It made a big difference. I realized I could not get those benefits I wanted if I kept flubbing up. The reasons would come floating up to my mind in my moments of temptation.

Also, if it helps, know that most people who eventually change their eating go through a few years of adjustment, even if they have a honeymoon at first.

Even a few months ago, I was back to some old habits, eating a quart of ice cream or more at a sitting, and stupid stuff like that. I got a new motivation and that option is off the table. I almost can't believe it. My local market keeps having sales of ice cream and it doesn't even phase me. I can't have something else I want even more if I do that! But I can still have some sweets SOME times, if I want them enough.

Just keep at it! And keep emphasizing in your mind how great if feels when you are compliant.

And what's your option? Will you go back to calorie counting, or eliminate some food group? Accepting that this is probably your best bet can also galvanize your efforts.

I believe in you!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)